Hair Vitamins and resulting effect

TourdeForce24

Established Member
Reaction score
OK, I have been on Men's Health hair vitamins for a month now to combat thinning hair. It takes a month to kick in. Now, almost exactly a month in my hair is doing all kinds of weird stuff. I keep getting itchy spots that upon pulling jettison lots of very fine textured and lightly colored hair. The hair that is still in my head is thick and the color is darker. What is going on? Is this related to the vitamin? I am seriously going bald?

Redbone

Reaction score
If that product has Saw Palmetto in it you are probably just shedding. I would see how much SP is in it though 'Cause SP sucks-

stevieb

Reaction score
hey fellas, i have been taking the shen min vitamin for my hair. i know that this is an overpriced product but my question is, i have been taking it for 2 weeks and i have also been on rogaine 5% for about 1 month and i am shedding like there is no tomorrow....could this be due to the high amount of saw palmetto that shen min contains?....could this vitamin increase the shedding that is normally attributed to the use of rogaine?...if the saw palmetto does increase shedding, should i decrease the amount that i am taking?....thanks in advance!!!!

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Is there any evidence that sp causes shedding? I have taken it for years, continue to take it for prostate health. Before I took it, I lost hair. When I started taking it, I lost hair, no more, no less than before. For me anyway, saw palmetto had absolutely no effect on my hair, rate of hair loss, or hair quality.

I did notice that I got hornier quicker though.

VWdude

Reaction score
SP acted like an aphrodisiac for me... seriously... when i took procerin... i was horny like there was no tomorrow.

thin=depressed

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Of course our hair loss is do to anything but vitamin deficiency BUT hair loss and hair regrowth are two entirely different cell actions therefore its possable that delivering ample amounts of vitamins topically may be of use in motivating cells into action regardless of the fact that our hair loss was not caused by vitamins deficiency.