hair unit rug

marc plumber

Reaction score
recently i have had a hair unit fitted but i know very little on how to look after it,as the clinic [hdc london] that fitted it dont give out much information,i only have 1 unit and am waiting for a second to arrive in 10 days,i have damaged the first unit already as i know little about them,through scratching i have lost some of the hair,anyone who has a unit and can give advice on maintaining it please could you email me so i can find out more,thank you

justasking

Established Member
Reaction score
rug problems

It sounds like this group took your money and gave you very little in return. A reputable company will spend as much time as it takes to make sure you know how to care for your "unit" and will do what it takes to make you a comfortable, happy customer. This is a very delicate area for a guy and the company should be sensitive to that. Complain. A lot.

aceven

Reaction score
Former rug wearer

Hi,

I wore a rug for 10 years and finally tossed it. I don't care HOW GOOD you are at taking care of the thing, the hairline ALWAYS gives it away. You CAN actually spot one a mile away. You will get more negative attention with one than if you were walking around bald.

Companies have all kinds of fancy names for "their " procedure which is supposed to better than all the rest, but are infact the same. Companies also doctor the photos they show you to get you to buy their product. Save your money and go for a transplant, you are better off in the long run.

marc plumber

Reaction score
back again

well they finally after 8 weeks have supplied a 2nd hair unit as i ordered two in the begining,however its a compleately different colour so they got it wrong,im demanding half of the 2000 paid back tommorow as they are useless,ive found out a lot since my origional post and im going to try another place which is a one man band who has taken time to explain the industry and different units available unlike hair design clinic in london and the uk,who give you no infomation ,fit what they want and leave you to stuggle on,if they dont pay up after going the legal route i will do what someone has done with dolphin bathrooms,thats where you type in dolphin bathrooms and you also end up seeing a site that tells you of all the bad customer service,i wasnt bald anyway so i may just cut my hair short and throw the unit