Hair Transplants THE ONLY SAFE alternative

Nickie

Established Member
Reaction score
All the other drugs have side effects, and some are ok, but this I guess is the only answer.

Be logical, if all these things worked, wouldn't already rich people like bruce willis have full heads of hair?

I mean come on now. We see MANY rich celebs with lots of money walking around with hair troubles getting transplants, and i dont see them turning to rogaine, nizoral or propecia.

I think those are just things to have hope in for the general, and broke public.

hairschmair

Established Member
Reaction score
Not everything is black or white. finasteride (propecia) does work, to some extent, which a lot of people find satisfying.

Nickie

Established Member
Reaction score
to some extent, meanwhile screwing with MANY hormones which may not be the smartest thing to do especially if ur also on other drugs to begin with.

Plain and simple, it's not safe, period, and produces only marginal effects with if anything a huge placebo.

ix

Established Member
Reaction score
some of you don't seem to comprehend that following a transplant, they prescribe propecia and minoxidil to use after

hairschmair

Established Member
Reaction score
I believe you are incorrect in your conclusion, but you seem quite set on your belief so let's agree to disagree.

Nickie

Established Member
Reaction score
ok my only other option is, im going to cut the dose yet again and take once weekly.

i mean, jeez.

does shen min work at all ??

Vinton Harper

Established Member
Reaction score
ix said:
some of you don't seem to comprehend that following a transplant, they prescribe propecia and minoxidil to use after
As an option to maybe compliment the hair growth, it's not a requirement. My hair transplant surgeon mentioned propecia(because he was one of the doctors researching it) once before I had the procedure, and then never mentioned it again.

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Nickie said:
Plain and simple, it's not safe, period, and produces only marginal effects with if anything a huge placebo.

you think Finasteride is a Placebo ?? like people are imagining more hair growing on their head so it does? There are proof that these products work..

and as for as hair transplants , if you dont stop hair from getting attaacked from DHT you will just have a transplanted hairline and bald behind it .... you cant get full coverage from a transplant ... its impossible

MidnightFlyer

Established Member
Reaction score
Nickie said:
Be logical, if all these things worked, wouldn't already rich people like bruce willis have full heads of hair?

You should be asking why Bruce doesn't get hair transplants. Someone very close to him must have clued him in. The only real solution will lie with Hair multiplication

grreg

Reaction score
i tend to agree that transplants are not all that great..have you seen the obvious scarring that goes with the procedure, not to mention the clumping, and the hairs grow in all funny...it's not a solution, it's a stuck situation once you've had one(you have to back and back again) until they figure out how to do it genetically...propecia has worked for me along with rogaine, mostly at the crown, but I'm trying to decide on a laser comb now...who knows?

nooc

Established Member
Reaction score
I think it's harder for someone in the public eye to get an hair transplant since it would be so obvious that they got one, and then they would look extremely vain. The trick, like most cosmetic surgery, is to have it done and not have anyone notice you've had it done.

When Bruce started losing it badly, it was probably early in the 90s and I'm not sure the technology was as good as it is today. Or perhaps he just wasn't worried about it and is comfortable with aging gracefully.

I'm positive there are several celebrities with successful hair transplants that we don't know about.

A

Administrator

Just had a close buddy go on the big 3 and his hair was looking like hell .... he just Instant Messaged me yesterday saying its all grown back and has been that way since soon after he started treatment. I almost murdered him when he said he didnt have any pics... but he said was going to go look for some before pics ... I will post them. Propecia is definitely not a placebo. Its just the 17% of non responders who think so.

To say surgery is safer than Propecia is also negotiable. Any surgery is considered by every doctor on planet earth, to always be the last resort as a treatment option.