Hair Transplants that look Real

costas the loser

Reaction score
I was reading the posts in The Ashton Kutcher Topic and there was talk of how he can afford a really good Hair Transplant. I know doctors have come along way with hair transplant's but they are still noticable and in no way give you back the density of your hair before you started to lose it. Am I wrong in this, if I am please let me know.

asolof

Established Member
Reaction score
Everything is relative. You need to loose 50% of your original hair density before you can even SEE thinning and at that point it is just subtle. If you had a completely bald horseshoe pattern, partial density coverage would look terrific by comparison. My barber (who is very critical) tells me that the modern hair transplants look totally natural.

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Even that 50% number is questionable. Think about it- if you have or had fairly dense hair, and you plucked out every other hair, would it even be noticeable? I think not. It's all about uniformity. If you lose a bunch of hairs in one area, say 2/3 or more hairs at the temple or at the crown, then it becomes noticeable, because then you can see the scalp a little.

Either way, it's a good rule of thumb. I would say I lost at least 75%, that's 3/4, hairs in the front middle of my scalp, and nobody knows what I'm talking about when I tell them I'm losing my hair. But if I part my hair in the middle with my hands, then it is evident.

A good hair transplant would remove thick, healthy hairs from a non-dht susceptible area of the head- most likely from the back- and place them on the balding areas of the scalp, spread out enough so that it looks "real" or "natural".

Axon

Reaction score
elguapo said:
Even that 50% number is questionable. Think about it- if you have or had fairly dense hair, and you plucked out every other hair, would it even be noticeable? I think not. It's all about uniformity. If you lose a bunch of hairs in one area, say 2/3 or more hairs at the temple or at the crown, then it becomes noticeable, because then you can see the scalp a little.

Misconception. You don't "lose" hair in the manner you're suggesting. The hair you had gradually becomes thinner, eventually becoming so small and thin as to be invisible. When it thins in a pattern, as most men experience, it becomes noticable.

the "50%" mark that Asolof spoke of means that the hair still appears cosmetically normal until it thins to 50% of its original density. Example: I have normal hair on my scalp, but if I let the sides grow out, the hair on my non-balding horseshoe region is as thick as the day I was born.

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I understand your point, and maybe it is true. But for me, it seems different. It seems as though I have simply lost my hair in the front center of my head, in a very random manner. It is literally as if ever other hair had fallen out. But the hairs that are remaining are still thick enough to cover it when my hair is dry.

Actually, I think you might be somwhat mistaken. I've seen plenty of guys who have the same thing. The hairs that are still on their head are quite thick. It isn't like every hair on their scalp is only half its original diameter.

I don't know. I think it varies. I think both or even all ranges are possible. Have you checked out the links in this thread? You see guys with different patterns of male pattern baldness.

But thanks for the links. It is nice to know that we have come a long way in the field of hair transplant surgery.

Wezz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
chad1.jpg
this guy looks like he came out of a cure surgery for hairloss, i think im going to get a hair transplant like him in the future for sure :eek: :lol:

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This one is suspect- I honestly don't know if I believe it. It is TOO good. Though, I also think that the first pic was taken with his hair wet, which makes it look thinner, and the after shot with his hair dry to make it look thicker.

But if it is real, then yes, it is a damn good job!

Axon

Reaction score
elguapo said:
I understand your point, and maybe it is true. But for me, it seems different. It seems as though I have simply lost my hair in the front center of my head, in a very random manner. It is literally as if ever other hair had fallen out. But the hairs that are remaining are still thick enough to cover it when my hair is dry.

Actually, I think you might be somwhat mistaken. I've seen plenty of guys who have the same thing. The hairs that are still on their head are quite thick. It isn't like every hair on their scalp is only half its original diameter.

I don't know. I think it varies. I think both or even all ranges are possible. Have you checked out the links in this thread? You see guys with different patterns of male pattern baldness.

But thanks for the links. It is nice to know that we have come a long way in the field of hair transplant surgery.

Not sure what you're getting at.

Individual patterns of hair loss are never predictable. But the fact is that male pattern baldness is a mechanism of miniturization of the hair follicle; male pattern baldness is not simple fallout. This is proven and undisputable. The root follicle shrinks, cycles, shrinks more, cycles again, over and over, until the root hair becomes invisible to the naked eye.

If your root hair is falling out and not growing back, you will be bald in a matter of days/weeks. And if that is occuring, you do not have male pattern baldness.

Further, not every hair on your scalp is supscetible to male pattern baldness. You may maintain hair that has not been affected by male pattern baldness for your entire life. You may not.

KK

Reaction score
After seeing the transplant that impressive, really considering the option.