Hair Transplants and Fine Hair---Really need your help

Gotem42

Reaction score
Hello,

I will keep this short. I am 24 and have been losing hair since i was 17. you can totally tell on my head the shape of the balding areas as opposed to where i have a good amt of hair that hasnt changed. I want to get a hair transplant but I have really fine hair all around. I have a fair amount on the sides and back of my head, (im losing hair from the hairline straight back to the top of the head but not in back) I was wondering if anyone else on here has had any experiences or knows of any with patients having successful hair transplant's even though they had pretty fine hair. Anything you had to say about this topic would be very much appreciated. Most people I see with pics look like they have thick thick hair on the sides and back and while im not balding there or even diffuse thinning there my hair is just naturally fine. Thank you guys very much.

GeminiX

Reaction score
My hair is very fine, but the hair transplant is taking very well.

D

whiskey

Established Member
Reaction score
My hair is naturally fine in diameter but I have a fair amount of it in the donor area. All that means is that I need more grafts to do the job but I have enough donor to do that.

G

Gotem i have fine hair too and have just had my 2nd procedure.If you would like to see some pics i have just taken two days ago after the procedure.Im abit sore at the moment i can tell ya.Was a 6 hr surgery.

Damo

Gotem42

Reaction score
Damo....

I'd definately like to see any pics you may have. Is the procedure harder for the surgeon if you have fine hair? I dont exactly have incredible thickness of hair in terms of how much fine hair per cm on the sides and back of my head but I've also heard about how some surgeons are able to to replicate the density per cm on patients who do not have a large density on the sides and back of their heads. have you heard any of this? If I could do that, or close to it, obviously that would be phenominal. Thanks guys.

G

Gotem hit my email link and give me your email address and ill send some of the pics across for you.Most people will have 2 procedures because the 1st procedure will give you good coverage but the 2nd procedure is designed to thicken it up heaps and give you the appearance of someone that is not thinning.But with the 2nd procedure densitities of about 45-50cm/2 will be more then enough to give you great thicker looking hair.

Damo