Hair transplant while on Dutasteride + finasteride

Lutherpick

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a serious question. I am 21 years old and opting for a hair transplant because my hairline is pretty fucked for someone my age (Norwood 2). It's affecting my confidence, and I am also getting comments from most barbers, reminding me of the state of my hair. I started losing my hair at the age of 14 and regained most of the hair I lost when I hopped on the big three at the age of 17-18. Some years have passed, and my hair is thicker. I then decided to hop on Dutasteride to regain more of the hair I initially lost, and I have seen decent results so far, with minor side effects. The question is, do these results make me a good candidate for a hair transplant just because the state of my hair hasn't regressed?

I must note that I am forever grateful for the improvements made on these medications, but greed is in our nature, and we'll always want to be the best version of ourselves.

I was 17 when I took this pic.

WhatsApp Image 2021-09-18 at 1.43.05 AM (2).jpeg

I don't know why this looks horrible, but it was around the same time.
WhatsApp Image 2021-09-18 at 1.43.05 AM (3).jpeg

This was also around the same time, but with a combover to cover whatever bald spot I had. Didn't really work out.

1631922717437.png
s

This was actually taken today. This how my crown currently looks like when opened.
WhatsApp Image 2021-09-18 at 1.43.05 AM (1).jpeg

This is how my hair normally looks. You can tell that there's some thinning, but it's really hard to tell in person.
WhatsApp Image 2021-09-18 at 1.43.05 AM.jpeg

Current hairline.
WhatsApp Image 2021-09-18 at 1.43.06 AM (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-09-18 at 1.43.06 AM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-09-18 at 1.43.06 AM.jpeg

hopeful24

Reaction score
Adding microneedling to your regimen will be a good start. I think 21 is a bit young for a hair transplant as the cause, severity and pattern of your hair loss has yet to be determined so you more likely would do more damage long term for short term gains that you might be able to attain now. Stay strong and disciplined reminding yourself that this is a battle that won't be won easily and will continue to be for a long time.

Lutherpick

My Regimen
Reaction score
Adding microneedling to your regimen will be a good start. I think 21 is a bit young for a hair transplant as the cause, severity and pattern of your hair loss has yet to be determined so you more likely would do more damage long term for short term gains that you might be able to attain now. Stay strong and disciplined reminding yourself that this is a battle that won't be won easily and will continue to be for a long time.
Microneedling did nothing to improve my hair, but I definitely get your point. I just thought that getting a hair transplant was feasible for someone my age due to me being on 5ar inhibitors, which aim to stop hair loss. I also thought of getting a hair transplant because you only get to live your youth to the fullest when you're in your 20s.