hair transplant scarring

supernova

Established Member
Reaction score
What guard can you safely buzz with after a hair transplant procedure? I've heard 2, but I just buzzed down with a 3 and in the light believe I would be able to see a line across the back of my head.

Anyone that's had a hair transplant want to offer some insight?

Thomas

Established Member
Reaction score
supernova said:
What guard can you safely buzz with after a hair transplant procedure? I've heard 2, but I just buzzed down with a 3 and in the light believe I would be able to see a line across the back of my head.

Anyone that's had a hair transplant want to offer some insight?

It all depends on your scar. I can only go down to a 4 before my scar starts to show.

G

Hi Supernova,

How long ago did you have your procedure? If somewhat recently, be relieved to know that the linear scar for most patients improve with time and so does the color of the scar. Possibly you are seeing the red contrast with your normal scalp complexion. Is the scar very wide?

supernova

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the responses.

I actually haven't had a hair transplant. I'm leaning towards scheduling one within the next 8 months, but I'm just trying to imagine trying to conceal a scar across the back of my head. Of course, I wouldn't mind concealing any scar if I could get a Clooney head of hair :)

G

Supernova,

Well I sure am glad you did not respond by stating you had a wide scar or something like that. And since you have not had a hair transplant yet, have you done much research on FUE/FIT technology? You will not have a linear scar that way and you have much better potential to wear your hair much shorter. :)

not me!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I was able to buzz down to a #2 guard just weeks after my hair transplant and it was barely noticeable. I had a little bit of shockloss in the donor area, which would show it a little. After 4 months out, a #2 reveals nothing of my scar.

G

Hi there Social Drinker,

If I might add your recipient area is coming along nicely as I saw your recent pics! There's much more growth coming and can't wait to see your one year pics my good friend. Take care!

not me!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Many thanks, Gil. Always good to see you spreading great knowledge everywhere.