Hair transplant repair candidate looking for Doctor, pics

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Look into Dr Cole, he does excellent repair work.

CCS

Reaction score
Always a newbie supporting Dr Cole.

I thought it looked good until I saw the wet hair which showed some wide strip scars. I'm not sure if you have enough density to transplant from your back, but the body hair is good.

1. Before you let Dr. Cole or any other FUE doctor work on you, first have them take 5 hairs out of your arm, and show you your follicle under a microscope so you know they went deep enough. Wait 4 months and see if you like how the small scars turned out. Don't just put all your body hair on your head and then realize you have a scarred up body you can't handle.

2. I don't know much about Dr. Cole, but I know that Dr. Keene in Tucson can remove those strip scars and leave strip scars that are less than 1mm wide. I know people varry, but Bosley left a 1/4 inch scar on the back of my head after taking 900 grafts, and then Dr Keene removed it and 1900 grafts from the same spot and lefts a scar less than 1mm wide. One of those strips was taken too high, in an area where the hairs might not be permanent. I doubt Dr Keene can do them both at once. They are so wide she would have to do one first and then the other 6 months later. You could put body hair in them, but what if you want to shave your head some day? Dr Keene is not in the business of scar removal, but I'm sure if you pay her as much as her smallest hair transplant procedure would cost, you could talk her into doing it. She might charge less. She will tell you if your scalp is too tight, and if it is, will send you to the FUE people.

CCS

Reaction score
nice body. were it not for those scars you could shave your head.

CCS

Reaction score
oh, lookinggood is the guy who just went to dr cole, and was asking for advice this whole time. lookinggood does not know how it will turn out yet.

more believable now. but still have him do some hairs on your arm before your whole body.

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
oh, lookinggood is the guy who just went to dr cole, and was asking for advice this whole time. lookinggood does not know how it will turn out yet.

more believable now. but still have him do some hairs on your arm before your whole body.

First of all I may be a newbie to this forum but I am well informed regarding hair transplant since the age of 12. ( saw plugs in the late 70's up close)
Just b/c I posted 20 times here does not make it right for you to generalize, thus something you seem to do very often. For the record I asked basic advice to start a conversation. I do not believe I will learn anything from you that I do not know already. You come off abeit cavalier for a 23-24 y/o but I expect that. Moreover to say that you are astute is self serving to say the least. To think some one self proclaimed as an"expert" on hair transplants and doesnt know who Dr Cole is is laughable to say the least. He pioneered hair transplant for the last 16 yrs. I've done my research. I have seen his results in person ( as did Armani's , Hassan/wong, Shapiro, Boseley, Nuhart, Feller, ROse, Mollura, Jones, Epstein to name a few) To summarize, you make some good points from time to time but it is "euphoric recall" to say the least. You rehash alot of info that is commonplace that anyone can dig up on a forum or MDs webpage.

Another thing just b/c my results are not complete doesnt mean anything at this stage. Now do yourself a favor and turn it down a notch you are not in the position to give advice to someone and downplay another poster who is offering a harmless suggestion on looking into another MD which is what these forums basically suggest the sharing of info.

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Another thing CCS , why would you give him technical advise regarding the forearm hairs? You are telling the poster what to do as if you are the MD. You are treading on a topic that is best suited for a doctor to address. Hair in different regions have different characteritics. So then why should he listen to you when he could see the qualified expert...Cole in this case who can give him a well informed evaluation before even touching him. He doesnt throw people into the operating room.

Again, you say you want to help newbies but you are infact a newbie who posts alot. You are hypocritical in every sense of the word.

I_Hate_DHT

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello guys, I am confused, could someone please explain what is going on here?

As far as I can understand Michael is searching for a Doctor to cover the scars produced by the hair transplant?

And Michael what happened with the hair transplants? where is that hair? did it fall out?

Greetings.
I Hate DHT.

michael barry

Reaction score
I hate DHT,

Thats not me in those pictures. Thats some poster at hairsite looking for help.

My point in posting the pics is to warn men of scalp reductions (a very bad idea) by illustrating just how thin they made the "donor area" and also showing you a textbook case of a man who was a bad candidate. He is going to have to resort to body hair. He will probably end up spending 50 thousand or so half-*** filling in the gaps between the plugs over a two or three year period.

His hair will only look so-so when he is finished. The bodybuilder in the pics no doubt would give anything if he could just shave his head, but scalp reduction and/or flap lift scars are very large and distinct (these are not small white dots, but big ziplines of uneven skin). This guy has to have hair to cover up.

I would advise the guy to wear a toupee and wait for cloning. However, the hair on the sides have receeded so much, that a toupee would look quite fake on him as his hair is receeded almost back to his ears. Believe it or not, getting body hair put on the sides and wearing a toupee' while waiting on cloning might be this guys best option.

The other link I posted was to warn people agains NuHart. They dont have the lousy reputation they deserve, but they are right down the with MHR is customer DISsatisfaction if youve spent time on the forums. They suck, simply stated.

Dr. Cole is doing something interesting in this guys repair though (the ex-NuHart guy) in that he is FIT (sort of like an FUE) out donor hair and putting body hairs extracted into the FIT holes in the wreath area, so as to help against sever donor depletion while moving the good head hair to the front. Thats about as innovative as you can get.