hair transplant Questions With Pics

Marky9829

Reaction score
Hello I'm 28 years old and have been receeding since I was about 21, I am considering getting a hair transplant to restore my hairline but I have afew questions.

My hair has got worse since starting dutasteride in November 2015 and nothing seems to be working.

Previous to that I was on finaseride.

Is there any point in getting a hair transplant if the medication isn't going to stop further hairloss?

Should I stop dutasteride and go back on my old regime of finaseride or ride it out?

What do you think of my donor area is it poor or just average?

Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    85.7 KB · Views: 253
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    88 KB · Views: 226

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello I'm 28 years old and have been receeding since I was about 21, I am considering getting a hair transplant to restore my hairline but I have afew questions.

My hair has got worse since starting dutasteride in November 2015 and nothing seems to be working.

Previous to that I was on finaseride.

Is there any point in getting a hair transplant if the medication isn't going to stop further hairloss?

Should I stop dutasteride and go back on my old regime of finaseride or ride it out?

What do you think of my donor area is it poor or just average?

Thanks
Transplanted hair will not fall as it is immune to DHT, for the most part. The reason why you want to stick to finasteride / dutasteride is because you want to keep pre-existing hair in addition to the transplanted hair. If you do not do so, transplanted hair might look thin when it remains the only hair on top...

Your donor area looks normal.