hair transplant fright: some questions...

patikas

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I just arranged to do my first hair transplant (1100 grafts) in two weeks' time.
I'm 27 and losing hair only in the front.
I have a few questions for all you hair transplant veterans.

1. Chances of infection: how rare is it? (a few dermatologists mentioned the scary name Staphylococcus)

2. Post hair transplant life: I work out in the gym - do I have to stop for a while?? if yes, for how long?
:?:

3. Has anyone done an hair transplant in DHI (Athens, Greece)? Who was the surgeon? Are you satisfied?

4. After-hair transplant shock reffers to existing hair or transplanted hair?
What was your experience? Was new hair compensated by existing hair falling?

Thanks for the help
Patikas

sal1

Reaction score
Hey Patikas.

The Dr. will give you a med. to avoid infection. I had a few hair transplant and no infections. You'll be fine.

I work out too. I was told to stay out of the gym for at least a month. I lasted a week and just trained very very light for a few weeks. Had no problems.

I did have hair transplant shock. It happened about two weeks after the surgery but I was ready for it because of what I read here on this site. It doesnt happen to everyone so maybe you'll be lucky. Either way it all came back pretty quick.

Its worth it. Follow your Dr.'s healing instructions and you'll be fine. I was very nervous about having frontal work done, but I am very happy I did it.

Good luck.
sal1

patikas

Reaction score
Thanks sal1!

Any other views or insghts?
Is it, for example, safe to swim in the sea or a pool a week after hair transplant or should I wait longer?

sal1

Reaction score
Hi Patikas.

My Dr. said after a week or more that would be O.K. He told me to get through the healing first. These are good questions for your DR. I took it easy for a few days to make sure everything stayed in place and healed up before I got my hair wet. So check with the Dr. for sure on that one.

The only other insight I have is it you wont regret it. If you have a good Dr. and follow the healing instructions you're going to be very happy in a few months. I battled hair loss for a long time from early botched work by bad Dr's to finally finding a good surgeon and geting my hair back. I dont even think about it anymore. No punch marks or divits it my head like I was worried about before I had frontal work done. Very happy.

Hope this helps and good luckPatikas. You'll be happy you did it.

sal1