Hair transplant & finasteride

loop

Reaction score
Hi guys! First time I've been to the site... Thank you all. It's great!
Recently I've been to a hair transplant clinic here in London. I'm really freaking out with my thinning hair... I didn't even got to see a real doctor. I had a chat with salesman who, himself had a hair transplant. But he looks very bad... He says they'll never take as a patient because I still have too much hair!!! I should start with finasteride... the problem is he gave me a list of possible side effects of the thing. I'm about to start a family. I don't know what to do...

docj077

Reaction score
I hate to say it, but family comes first and you come second. Even when your family is still but an idea.

So, if taking a drug concerns you and has the potential to adversely affect a decision that you might make with regards to creating a child, then I'm pretty sure that you need to not to worry about your hair.

After all, it's only hair and it's worthless. A child is priceless.

Finasteride won't affect your ability to conceive unless you already have fertility issues.

loop

Reaction score
Thanks Doctor.
But, why do we have to wait until a certain stage of hair loss to perform a transplant? I was told, at the Hospital Group in London, that the implants would clash with the existing roots... Is that true? Surely, all this micro technology should be preparedfor this kind of situation.