hair transplant financing

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Just wondered how those that have had hair transplant financed the procedure(s).
Was it a long time saving plan or did you afford it through some kind of medical financing scheme or just get a big loan.

Thanks in advance.

Full Head of Hair

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, I would love to hear an answer too

v-head

Reaction score
I had one of those offers (0% for about a year) for a ballance transfer for one of my credit cards. I wasn't doing anything with the card anyway, so I just used that.

Then, I just made sure that the ballance of the card was less that 50% of the total credit line for that card (to ensure my credit score wouldn't take a hit).

Now I have a full year to pay off my hair transplant without having to pay a dime extra.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Just saved hard.

G

Be very careful about borrowing money for a hair transplant. I mean v-head did it a very smart way but try to not borrow at all and just save for it.

Also, there are some real scams out there for financing cosmetic surgery procedures, and most of the programs have extremely high interest rates. Alot of the times they'll offer you a low payment, but what they (lenders) are doing is stretching your loan term way out, and in the end, you end up paying so much more for it.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
I will echo the non-borrowing theme. It's not specific to hair transplant or other cosmetic procedures...but applies to most other things. It's much better to save up for the things you want than to create debt.

Exceptions would be a homestead, investment property (that cash flows), education, and not much else.

v-head

Reaction score
I'd agree with the "don't spend it if you dont' have it" mantra echoed here. However, I will say this: If you have the money, and the option for a 0% finance deal, it's better to leave you money in an account that earns a bunch (ING comes to mind) and pay off the hair transplant over the period of the finance agreement. Think of it this way: With your money earning more money for you, you can potentially get a $200-$1000 discount on your hair transplant.

G

Hey Guys,

Today I counseled a young man in college in Nebraska at the age of 20 who is already at class 3. He is going to look into getting on Propecia right away and even minoxidil although his hair grade is very fine. We talked alot about meds but he wants to immediately get a hair transplant. I talked him down from that emotional turmoil the best I could.

My heart really went out to him because then I found out that the girl he's been with for the last two years just broke up with him. What really happened is that she was out one night and met a guy with lots of hair and now is interested in him.

He told me that she had been recently using words that he was starting to look like her father who is completely bald. You would think she could have been more tactful and not just stomp on this man's feelings.

Because of his emotional pain, he told me that he wanted to tap his credit cards, and even use some of his STUDENT LOANS if he had to get a hair transplant. I really think I talked him out of it but my point is that guys, as hard as it is to face harloss especially at a young age, don't just run out and do something financially irresponsible. You never want to sacrfice your education for hair no matter how much hairloss hurts.

It makes much more sense to get help and support for the psychological and emtional impact rather than running out to get a loan. That won't solve your problem, it will only compound it. :roll:

G

gillenator said:
My heart really went out to him because then I found out that the girl he's been with for the last two years just broke up with him. What really happened is that she was out one night and met a guy with lots of hair and now is interested in him.

That's awful to hear.

G

If you guys only knew how many times I have heard this over the years.

BTW, I decided to call him this afternoon and although he does sound a little better, he said he's not going out and about unless he has too. I encouraged him to start running, lifting weights, things that focus his attention on anything but his hair.

He needs an emotional break from this for awhile. That's easier said than done.

But the good thing is he said he made an appointment in two weeks with a dermatologist to evaluate the meds. Hopefully he'll respond favorably.

s.a.f

Reaction score
gillenator said:

Well that kind of disproves the 'women dont care about your hairloss' theory.

G

s.a.f said:
gillenator said:

not really. some women are super shallow b****s but a few examples don't prove that point. they were together for 2 years.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
s.a.f said:
gillenator said:

not really. some women are super shallow b****s but a few examples don't prove that point. they were together for 2 years.
then i would say most men are super shallow b****s also

G

roki said:
JayMan said:
s.a.f said:
gillenator said:

then i would say most men are super shallow b****s also

why?

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
because hardly any man would date a chik with hairloss?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Very few people ar'nt shallow or superficial. :(

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
at least it drives us to constantly improve ourselves ,its not all bad
you know -the strong survives

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
roki said:
s.a.f said:
at least it drives us to constantly improve ourselves ,its not all bad
you know -the strong survives

The strong survives? Ummm no. The biggest fuckin idiot on earth who won't improve man kind that is a hunk gets laid left and right and the nerdy guy working to cure cancer or the tough marine who is only ok in looks doesn't get sh*t.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Jealousy is a terrible thing! :D

G

I have met so many guys over the years who got married when they had hair, and then lost it afterwards. Many wives will tell their husbands that their hairloss does not matter to them and they still love them whether they have hair or not. And for the most part, I imagine that's true.

But then I meet guys who have gone through a divorce, and starting all over, but now without the hair they used to have. Some tell me that when they are in a new social setting, they lack confidence because of their hairloss and the occasional eye-drift they have to put up with.

I know the feeling because I went through that myself, only I was wearing hair systems back then and still got the eye-drift. And then, after my first hair transplant in 1996, I had to quit wearing the hair systems and wait for the growth of the new hair. More eye-drift. I hated it.

When will cloning, HM, whatever, get here?! :hairy: