Hair transplant doctors advice Turkey or other areas

sharpguy

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I've decided to get a hair transplant therefore I've been researching doctors. I currently live in Canada however have been looking in turkey. I sent pictures to 3 doctors which responded with the following;

Dr Demirsoy 3500-3800 grafts starting front and going back depending on donor area. If extra left over then some willl be put into the crown. Advised to cover the crown a second session would be required. 1.25 euro. 200 extra for accommodation. Total 4950 euro (cash only) or 8% extra if you use a card due to banking exchange aparently. Dr Demirsoy does channels and extraction. Minimum 2500 euro a session so if I did require a second would be that price.

Dr Serkan
3800 front 600 crown
Extra 600 euro if Dr or patient decide DHI method. In your guys opinon is DHI method worth it?
2500 euro.
if paid by card an extra 3% on total. Price also doesn't change if u receive less or more grafts based on live exam. Aprenty Dr serkan has no physical role in the actual operation. In contact with them they advised that an actual dr will be doing the opening of channels and the techs do the rest. Anyone have any experience with them to determine if that's actually true.

Dr Acar Seems like a board quote 3500 grafts. Just sent me the packages quoting the exact ones they offer. With Dr Acar opening channels 4900 USD. Up to 5500 grafts 6100 USD

I've just started researching so any opinon on which doctor is best would be greatly appreciated. Also any other doctor suggestions would be appreciated.

Some pics attached

Attachments

• 20210111_142824.jpg
    20210111_142824.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 240
  • 20210112_211536.jpg
    20210112_211536.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 253
  • 20210111_142731.jpg
    20210111_142731.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 261
Last edited:

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't know much about hair transplants but seem to hear mostly positive results from Demirsoy, hopefully someone with more knowledge will chime in. Good luck.

PaulMac

Reaction score
I'd check out fue-hlc.com if you're specifically looking at the Turkey price point. Their results are very good but they require you to be on meds for at least 6 months prior to surgery

sharpguy

Reaction score
I'd check out fue-hlc.com if you're specifically looking at the Turkey price point. Their results are very good but they require you to be on meds for at least 6 months prior to surgery
What meds? I'm also looking anywhere.

PaulMac

Reaction score
They recommended being on finasteride and minoxidil for 6 months prior to surgery.
I'm booking in with Hair Dr in the UK because of the glowing reviews and results over several forums so I'd check them out if you'd be willing to come to the UK. You might have good surgeons around the same price point near you though. Turkey is about $2 a graft where as Hair Dr is around double that price.

sharpguy

Reaction score
They recommended being on finasteride and minoxidil for 6 months prior to surgery.
I'm booking in with Hair Dr in the UK because of the glowing reviews and results over several forums so I'd check them out if you'd be willing to come to the UK. You might have good surgeons around the same price point near you though. Turkey is about $2 a graft where as Hair Dr is around double that price.
Finasteride I'm not interested in taking, dht is important for sex drive and muscle. Minoxidl unfortunately does work for me but I always get cramping in my chest, at times I feel dizzy, and I feel slow on it

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You may be interested in Joe Tillman's YouTube channel and his "Hair Transplant Mentor" website. He details what to expect from a transplant and how to recognize good practices, doctors and techniques.

JST

My Regimen
Reaction score
I went to Demirsoy at the end of November last year. 3007 grafts.
Still "waiting" for results, but happy so far!

Happy to answer any questions you have about him and his methods.

sharpguy

Reaction score
JST sent u a private message.

Does anyone have any thoughts on hair transplant in turkey vs Canada.

I'm getting mixed information. Canada appears to be more expensive and does smaller graft amounts.

Turkey is cheaper and does higher amounts of grafts however I've read that they take outside the donor area to achieve grafts and therefore higher chances of losing the hair in the future.

birdsua19

My Regimen
Reaction score
I received a hair transplant in Promed Clinic. I am very satisfied. I am so happy with their amazing works. The surgery was successful. I recommend this place.

sharpguy

Reaction score
Any updates on your progress. And is there any other dr suggestions as I'm looking to book something for the next couple months. Time to take the plunge

slim2020

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you know if Dr. Demirsoy quotes different pricing to different people ?

i was quoted 1.5 euro/graft and the here I see 1.25 euro was quotes

Chromeo

Established Member
Reaction score
Do you know if Dr. Demirsoy quotes different pricing to different people ?

i was quoted 1.5 euro/graft and the here I see 1.25 euro was quotes
You're reading a post from January 2021. It's now February 2022.