Hair Transplant Doctor Reccomendations For New England Area

wilderness20

Reaction score
Hello. I am a 25 year old male. A year ago I had no hair loss. Then I suffered a death in the family and a bulged disc and got rapid hair loss. My crown has thinned from Telogen Effluvium and male pattern baldness and I am probably like a Norwood 2ish with a thinned crown. I recently started taking Finasteride (5 mg over 4 day period) and will probably start rogaine as well. I hope to get a hair transplant this summer once I am able to control my stress and overcome Telogen Effluvium.

I want to get a hair transplant. I was wondering if anyone would recommend anyone in the New England Area? Even New York? I am looking for a trustworthy, professional, and equitable hair transplant doctor/staff/practice. I understand I will be spending several thousand dollars, but it is worth it too me as long as the staff does a good job. What type of Hair Transplant have you fellow bros had luck with? Is it better to do multiple sessions? Do you all recommend the individual grafts over the straps? How many of the replaced hairs from the vortex survive? What results have you had? It would be great to hear your ideas.

I am particular about my looks as I am into fitness and still pretty young. This whole process came out of nowhere and has taken a toll on my psyche as I am sure it has on you guys as well. Its lame. I have put so much though and energy into my hair loss that I am giving my best shot to treat this alopecia and try and recover my hair loss. Even if my hair is never as full as it just recently was, a straighter and fuller hairline and crown would be a lot more preferable.

If once I am on finasteride for a year and get this transplant this summer and my hair loss continues to worsen...I am just going to start shaving my head and move on. I will not let this ruin my life. I appreciate suggestions and hope to offer solidarity to other men on here. I realize this is tough and a mind F but I want to try and be positive and offer and receive support.

sc64

Reaction score
wilderness20 said:

I want to get a hair transplant. I was wondering if anyone would recommend anyone in the New England Area? Even New York?

I've not read anywhere on the forums about hair transplant doctors in the New England area,Heres some doctors in New York that have had some good hair transplant results,Dr Feller- Dr.True-Dr.Dorin,Out of the three I would say Dr.Feller comes the most recommended.

I would not let travel get in the way of finding a good hair transplant doctor,If you get it wrong the first time you will spend 2 to 3 times the money to get it repaired,research and more research is the key when having this done.staying close to home and going with a no name doctor because of price and convenience has got many of men butchered.Here a few more doctor that are very good,The Sharpio brothers in Minnesota,Dr.Rahal In Canada.

nw_2

Reaction score
wilderness20 said:
Is 10,000 normal cost for 2,000 hair graft range?
Well in Belgium you have some real good docs (prohair, ********, Feriduni) for just 4 euro per graft and less.

sc64

Reaction score
wilderness20 said:
Is 10,000 normal cost for 2,000 hair graft range?

That sounds about right for a strip hair transplant around 4 or 5 $ a graft,I think a fue hair transplant goes for around 7 or 8 $ a graft,and 10 $ a graft for a unshaven fue.That the quotes I got from Dr.Cole office about 4 months ago when I was looking into him.

wilderness20

Reaction score
Is 2000 Hair grafts considered a lot of hair grafts? Can it be done properly and nicely in one session?

Could a nicely done job of 2000 graphs take a guy with black hair from a norwood 2/2.5ish to a norwood 1? I am most concerned with having some thickening in my crown and temporal crown as well as a straight hairline. Comments greatly appreciated.

Has anyone had a successful hair transplant? If so do you also take finasteride and rogaine? Do I want to wait longer to get a hair transplant as I just started finasteride 2 weeks ago and am experiencing the shedding phase???

wilderness20

Reaction score
wilderness20 said:
Is 2000 Hair grafts considered a lot of hair grafts? Can it be done properly and nicely in one session?

Could a nicely done job of 2000 graphs take a guy with black hair from a norwood 2/2.5ish to a norwood 1? I am most concerned with having some thickening in my crown and temporal crown as well as a straight hairline. Comments greatly appreciated.

Has anyone had a successful hair transplant? If so do you also take finasteride and rogaine? Do I want to wait longer to get a hair transplant as I just started finasteride 2 weeks ago and am experiencing the shedding phase???