Hair Transplant after minoxidil & finasteride use...

softsoapjones

Reaction score
Ok, I've been riding the finasteride/minoxidil wagon for about a month and a half now, and I'm thinking that there is only a realistic amount of hair that I could grow back at the maximum (obviously), so...

If eventually (say 1-2 years) my hair density, thickness, and loss itself all *stabilize*, then is it alright for me to get a hair transplant, and afterwards, will I need to keep on propecia AND minoxidil after the hair transplant to keep ALL the hair I've gotten back?

I'm asking because minoxidil makes my hair look like crap, and if I dropped $$$ on a hair transplant I don't know if it's worth having sh*tty looking hair after that as well. What's your verdit on all this?

TO CLARIFY: I mean, do I need to continue minoxidil/finasteride use to save the hair that I had stabilized from before the hair transplant (as in NOT the hair transplant hair)?

jeffsss

Reaction score
softsoapjones said:
Ok, I've been riding the finasteride/minoxidil wagon for about a month and a half now, and I'm thinking that there is only a realistic amount of hair that I could grow back at the maximum (obviously), so...

If eventually (say 1-2 years) my hair density, thickness, and loss itself all *stabilize*, then is it alright for me to get a hair transplant, and afterwards, will I need to keep on propecia AND minoxidil after the hair transplant to keep ALL the hair I've gotten back?

I'm asking because minoxidil makes my hair look like crap, and if I dropped $$$ on a hair transplant I don't know if it's worth having sh*tty looking hair after that as well. What's your verdit on all this?

TO CLARIFY: I mean, do I need to continue minoxidil/finasteride use to save the hair that I had stabilized from before the hair transplant (as in NOT the hair transplant hair)?

from what i've read, most peopel who have hair transplant's stay on propecia.