Hair today, gone tomorrow. The start of the beginning...

t00nc3ss

My Regimen
Reaction score
39 1/2 (the half is important) year old male here, Filipino background. I've known I was starting to go bald 10+ years ago when my father mentioned it to me. It wasn't too much of a big deal, it wasn't too bad and a little pomade made the hair look thicker. I was satisfied, after all it was natural to have a little recession. Funnily enough, I came by these forums while researching how to stimulate beard growth. Being of Asian descent facial hair is very uncommon, luckily I was blessed with the ability to grow a mean goattee WITH connector hairs! Unfortunately I couldn't grow on my cheeks to save my life so I researched and found about minoxidil and dermarolling, etc. I was so focused on that I never noticed how thin my scalp hair got. Everyday my head is under either a hard hat or work cap/beanie so I wasn't aware of how bad the thinning got, Covid meant not going out so no styling and paying attention to how my hair looked.

It's 10 years later after my dad said I was going bald and in 6 months I'll be 40. It's a perfect time to start my journey into getting my hair back, it's enough time to let most meds/therapies show results. If nothing bears fruit, at the new year I'll consider getting a hair transplant.

The tools I'll be using to fight back against hair loss:

- 1mg Finasteride pills
- 5% Minoxidil liquid (spray bottle for easy application)
- Ultima M8 Microneedling Pen.
- Nizoral shampoo
- iRestore Pro.
- A good shower filter. Hard water is not good.
- Various suppliments; Biotin, LCLT, One a Day, etc.
**A strict regimen I have planned to fully utilize all of these**

Anyway, here's pictures taken earlier today (Mon June 7, 2021) during my lunch break. For the last 2 weeks I've been on everything except the microneedling. My first self session was last Friday 6/4/21). Having finally used all my tools in hand, I'll count this as Day One of my Journey. I'll post an update in the next week or 2.
HairJourneyStart.jpg

Lastly, what am I on the Norwood scale? I'm guessing from 4 - 6, leaning on 6 though.

Last edited:

randolf_faust

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you should have started 5 years earlier it seems
i wish you luck though. you need to wait at least 6 months for first results

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
39 1/2 (the half is important) year old male here, Filipino background. I've known I was starting to go bald 10+ years ago when my father mentioned it to me. It wasn't too much of a big deal, it wasn't too bad and a little pomade made the hair look thicker. I was satisfied, after all it was natural to have a little recession. Funnily enough, I came by these forums while researching how to stimulate beard growth. Being of Asian descent facial hair is very uncommon, luckily I was blessed with the ability to grow a mean goattee WITH connector hairs! Unfortunately I couldn't grow on my cheeks to save my life so I researched and found about minoxidil and dermarolling, etc. I was so focused on that I never noticed how thin my scalp hair got. Everyday my head is under either a hard hat or work cap/beanie so I wasn't aware of how bad the thinning got, Covid meant not going out so no styling and paying attention to how my hair looked.

It's 10 years later after my dad said I was going bald and in 6 months I'll be 40. It's a perfect time to start my journey into getting my hair back, it's enough time to let most meds/therapies show results. If nothing bears fruit, at the new year I'll consider getting a hair transplant.

The tools I'll be using to fight back against hair loss:

- 1mg Finasteride pills
- 5% Minoxidil liquid (spray bottle for easy application)
- Ultima M8 Microneedling Pen.
- Nizoral shampoo
- iRestore Pro.
- A good shower filter. Hard water is not good.
- Various suppliments; Biotin, LCLT, One a Day, etc.
**A strict regimen I have planned to fully utilize all of these**

Anyway, here's pictures taken earlier today (Mon June 7, 2021) during my lunch break. For the last 2 weeks I've been on everything except the microneedling. My first self session was last Friday 6/4/21). Having finally used all my tools in hand, I'll count this as Day One of my Journey. I'll post an update in the next week or 2.View attachment 163584

Lastly, what am I on the Norwood scale? I'm guessing from 4 - 6, leaning on 6 though.
Add tretinoin to the minoxidil, 0.025 % .

t00nc3ss

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow, lost track of this one. A lone email update reminded me I made this thread. Well here it is, pictures taken earlier this month just about at the 6month mark.

HairNow.jpg

I think my regimen worked out pretty well, just stuck with plan as well as I could everyday. Extremely happy I was receptive to it all and it feels amazing turning 40 but looking 30.

Last edited:

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow, lost track of this one. A lone email update reminded me I made this thread. Well here it is, pictures taken earlier this month just about at the 6month mark.

View attachment 174940
I think my regimen worked out pretty well, just stuck with plan as well as I could everyday. Extremely happy I was receptive to it all and it feels amazing turning 40 but looking 30.
Can't really see the photos but congrats. I've been on Propecia since May and honestly it didn't help my hairline much but I do think the crown is better. Hairline is pretty much the same? I guess it's working. Shedding is hardly happening now