Hair thinning??

Everton1878

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi. I am worried bc when i have buzz cut i can see my scalp a lot. Is this normal. I went to a dermatologist but he said that my hair is just thinner than other people and i dont have to worry but i am still worried. The last picture is from 2017 the others are from today.

Attachments

• IMG_20210822_021021.jpg
    IMG_20210822_021021.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_20210822_021124.jpg
    IMG_20210822_021124.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_20210822_021052.jpg
    IMG_20210822_021052.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 82
  • Screenshot_2021-08-22-02-12-43-987_com.facebook.orca.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-08-22-02-12-43-987_com.facebook.orca.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 91

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi. I am worried bc when i have buzz cut i can see my scalp a lot. Is this normal. I went to a dermatologist but he said that my hair is just thinner than other people and i dont have to worry but i am still worried. The last picture is from 2017 the others are from today.
You might try wearing your hair longer as this works to conceal hair loss up to a point. Your doctor might be right in that crew or buzz or razor cuts which are all similar often reflect light strangely. The American basketball player Chris Mullin had this type of hair cut and I often thought he looked balding but instead he had a perfect head of hair. He might be fading somewhat now but he was in college when I was so he's mid to late 50's:

1629589542563.png

1629589271147.png
1629589333150.png

Last edited:

Everton1878

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah thats true. When i have longer hair people tell me that i have a lot of hair, but the past 1.5 half year for some reason i am worried about my hair so i buzz cut it bc i stop paying so much attention to it. The doctor took some photos with a machine specific for hair and said that in all areas of my head my hair has less density not only in the top. So i have thinner hair but is it possible to stay like that in my whole life or is it sure that i will go bald?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah thats true. When i have longer hair people tell me that i have a lot of hair, but the past 1.5 half year for some reason i am worried about my hair so i buzz cut it bc i stop paying so much attention to it. The doctor took some photos with a machine specific for hair and said that in all areas of my head my hair has less density not only in the top. So i have thinner hair but is it possible to stay like that in my whole life or is it sure that i will go bald?
Your race might provide some predictive way of estimating but you appear to be of Asian descent based upon the the look of your shortened hair and Asian men bald less than whites but it's no guarantee. There are several things you could do or try that probably would restore any you have lost since you are taking action early. Some of it depends on the hassle factor and also the risk v. reward factors.

Everton1878

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am white i am from greece. My brother has the same type of hair and i guess he has the same density bc in some photos with short hair i can see his scalp. We have the same type as my father. He is 60 with temples and he said that he had the said problem as me when he was young. Now he has long hair and you cant see it.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am white i am from greece. My brother has the same type of hair and i guess he has the same density bc in some photos with short hair i can see his scalp. We have the same type as my father. He is 60 with temples and he said that he had the said problem as me when he was young. Now he has long hair and you cant see it.
That's Mediterranean and perhaps similar to North Africa. You might have a texture that doesn't hold on to moisture well as in when swimming or bathing. These can be rampant baldness genes in some but other Greeks and Italians often avoid baldness if not the hair helmet sort of look. There's often a curly texture at play too but it's hard to predict when it will proceed past the temples if id does at all. You also have a widow's peak and that can be a good sign that your hair will hold up based upon how many older guys still have widow's peaks but much of this is unpredictable beforehand and even after we think we see a tiny bit of hair loss as we mature.