Hair=the Only Thing I Got Going for Me

minoxidil_addict

Reaction score
Right now my hair looks good and I get a lot of compliments on it but people don't know that I'm actually losing it, I'm scared of "the day after" I will finally have to shave my head and embrace my baldingness, I know it will come, maybe not this year, but eventually it will happen.
The reason I'm so terrified is because aside from my good hair, I'm skinny, not very tall, and worst of all I have the face of a 15 years old (I'm 21), 99% of the time when I'm trying to get into a pub or buy cigarettes I'll be asked to show an ID, it's the most humiliating thing in the world, people don't realize how much it sucks to have a baby face, every time someone asks me how old I am and I tell him 21 he will say "oh I thought you're like 16!", it's as if people don't even realize it hurts when they say that.
So I'm thinking of the day I won't have hair, people will look at me and think "wow this kid is so young and already bald"
I don't know what to do, sometimes when I think about that stuff I get so depressed...

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
poetic....... :whistle:

JimmyL

Reaction score
Ori83 said:
poetic....... :whistle:

Considering this part of the forum is a place where people can let out steam, that is an extremely misplaced and most insensitive comment.

TheInvincible

Reaction score
minoxidil_addict said:
people don't realize how much it sucks to have a baby face
whaat? that's great! I have it and I love it when they ask me if I'm 18 (I'm 22)...just enjoy it!

Reaction score
I'm a skinny 24 year old who can't grow a beard, and people usually guess my age as 18-20...to be honest, I enjoy it. But to have that combined with balding sucks, because some day, probably quite soon, I'll have a contradictory mix of boyish and oldish features.

Right now, I'm using dermmatch to hide the thinning (finasteride didn't work for me), but eventually I'll have to face the harsh reality. Basically, it's a bad situation, and I empathise.

johnbbbb

Reaction score
You're 21 and you have the face of a 15 yr old? Why does that bother you, that's a GOOD thing!

When you're 38 are you going to complain that you have the face of a 29 yr old?

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
slipy said:
skinny + baby face+ horseshoe = one f***ed up looking combination

Unfortunately this is true.

Jeremy K

Reaction score
You'll eventually grow to like having a baby face, if you're fortunate enough to keep it. I was the same way at 21, people thought I was 15 or 16 and wouldn't hesitate to tell me, and I in turn would get pissed off.

Now, just last month when I turned 29, I was told by my supervisor that she thought that I was 20, and you know what? It felt great!