Hair System Won't Stay Attached Even With Ultra Hold And Max Hold Sport Scalp Protector

Jasonaveda

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I'm hoping some one can help me out. I have been wearing a system for over a year, typically thin skin .28 or .6 but have also worn swiss lace. The problem I am having is getting the system to stay attached. It comes up completely after about 4-5 days. I am pretty active and my scalp is on the oily side. My routine is as follows...

- Shave the area of attachment nice and smooth
- Wash twice with Dawn dish detergent or Walker Bond Breaker Shampoo, we use a soft facial brush to lightly exfoliate the scalp
- Rub the scalp with 99% alcohol to make sure it is completely clear of oil
- We then put Walker Max Hold Sport scalp protect (have tried both one and two layers) and let that dry for a few
- We then apply a coat of ultra hold on both my scalp and the system and allow it to dry tacky (have tried doing multiple coats as well, and have tried all 4 versions of ghost bond)
- After the adhesive is dried tacky we apply the hair system, it sticks and looks great

After 3-5 days the system comes completely off with no effort and nothing is left on my scalp. All of the adhesive is on the system and it doesn't feel sticky at all. In fact it feels smooth almost like there is a backing over the glue. the glue isn't broken down at all (which makes it a nightmare to clean). I am wondering if the scalp protect is coming right off my head with the adhesive. I've called walker multiple times and tried everything they recommenced. It’s driving me crazy to the point I am ready to give up. The crazy thing is I'm a stylist and do this service a quite a few people and they always come out great with them getting hold times of 2-4 weeks with the same adhesives, systems and process so I just don't know what is going on or what else to try. Has anyone else experiences this?

Hair Newbie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I'm hoping some one can help me out. I have been wearing a system for over a year, typically thin skin .28 or .6 but have also worn swiss lace. The problem I am having is getting the system to stay attached. It comes up completely after about 4-5 days. I am pretty active and my scalp is on the oily side. My routine is as follows...

- Wash twice with Dawn dish detergent or Walker Bond Breaker Shampoo, we use a soft facial brush to lightly exfoliate the scalp
- We then put Walker Max Hold Sport scalp protect (have tried both one and two layers) and let that dry for a few
- We then apply a coat of ultra hold on both my scalp and the system and allow it to dry tacky (have tried doing multiple coats as well, and have tried all 4 versions of ghost bond)
- After the adhesive is dried tacky we apply the hair system, it sticks and looks great

After 3-5 days the system comes completely off with no effort and nothing is left on my scalp. All of the adhesive is on the system and it doesn't feel sticky at all. In fact it feels smooth almost like there is a backing over the glue. the glue isn't broken down at all (which makes it a nightmare to clean). I am wondering if the scalp protect is coming right off my head with the adhesive. I've called walker multiple times and tried everything they recommenced. It’s driving me crazy to the point I am ready to give up. The crazy thing is I'm a stylist and do this service a quite a few people and they always come out great with them getting hold times of 2-4 weeks with the same adhesives, systems and process so I just don't know what is going on or what else to try. Has anyone else experiences this?

Thanks for sharing. My routines are similar to yours except I only applied 2-3 coats adhesive to the hairline area of my scalp (nothing on the system) and use tape on both sides and back. I have an oily scalp and sweat a lot daily while doing cardio at the gym. My system held firm for 7-10 days and I feel totally secure so I don't understand why your system comes off completely after 3-5 days???? I have to use solvents to remove it. Sorry that I don't have a direct solution for you and hopefully other experienced wearers here will help resolve your issue. Good luck.

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Both lace and skin pieces don't last? I can understand that skin may have shorter bond given it is not as breathable.
I assume you know not to wet base for at lest 24 hr and no sweating (exercise)
Possibly try without the scalp protector.
I have similar routine and never can get more than 7 days of bond, even using to so called 4 weeks tapes and glues and my lace piece. ..glues just starts itching and deteriorate after day 6.

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Try other adhesives then. Walker great white, davyl black,etc.

Hard bonds will definatly hold for longer such as sensibond.

Goldie Locks

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Hey Jason,

The exact same thing happens to me when I take showers. They are on warm to cool side. Definitely not hot.
I clean the front from adhesive, then take a shower and reattach. I noticed that when I leave the shower I can peel the system off. All glue is attached to the system but not to my scalp. When I leave it to dry however it sticks back on. Only thing I could have think of was increased temperature or sweating.
I will be now doing my own clean ups and use tape on sides and back. Will try Walkers adhesive on front and see if it makes any difference. I'm just unsure how easy is to clean it as I never used it before.

Jasonaveda

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
Thank you all for your feed back. After the suggestions I reapplied my piece (a .028mm thinskin if I didn't say before) with Walker Ultrahold and didn't use the scalp protect and when I went to take it off on day 8 I had to use a little c-22 to get it loose so for me it was the scalp protect that was coming loose, not the adhesive. My hair is still thick in the mid-back are on top so 8-9 days is it for me before my hair pushes the hair off but if I was completely bald I definitely would have gotten at least two weeks out of this last attachment.