Hair System or forget about it!?

cliffb

Reaction score
1,5 year ago I did a STRIP hair transplant that was unsuccessful. Since then I've been going the cap or concealer way.

If it wasn't for the STRIP scar I would have shaved my head. Instead I've have some consulting with a Hair Replacement company (they are good and have been around for over 100 years?!). I think I know what it takes to fix with a replacement and compared to the concealer way it seems to be less trouble and work.

BUT the thing is that my hair stills seems too thin with the concealers so will a hair replacement make a too big difference for me?

What do you think? Shall I forget about the whole thing and instead focus on camouflage my scar with FUE, fraxel, HIS etc and shave the **** off?

Here are some pictures of my hair with concealers taken from different angels and with different lighting.

Any feedback is mostly welcome!

Attachments

• DSC_1933.jpg
    DSC_1933.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 432
  • DSC_1934.jpg
    DSC_1934.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 415
  • P1020285.JPG
    P1020285.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 462
  • P1020286.JPG
    P1020286.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 407
  • P1020287.jpg
    P1020287.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 482
  • P1020288.jpg
    P1020288.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 421
  • P1020289.JPG
    P1020289.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 442
  • P1020291.JPG
    P1020291.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 496

cliffb

Reaction score
It was unsuccessful in in that meaning it didn't give the promised result - "It will look like you have the double amount of hair". Of course only 3200 hair will not make any bigger difference, I know that today! With a little more research I hadn't gone thru with this ****, but my biggest mistake was to trust the doctor...

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Maybe try a hair piece first to see if that suits you? and in the meantime, research more for the better doctors and options for you? I've heard that in many cases, you need more than two or three transplants to get some reasonably good results.

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've heard that in many cases, you need more than two or three transplants to get some reasonably good results.

That's why it's a con and a waste of money in my humble opinion, unless you're a 45 year old NW2.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
That's why it's a con and a waste of money in my humble opinion, unless you're a 45 year old NW2.

yeah I'm coming round to the opinion that hair transplants simply aren't worth it in the long run. Not that I could afford one anyway, but still

Another

Reaction score
Anyone considering hair transplant's should really, I mean REALLY, carefully choose a doctor. I know a FUE transplant where the success rate was only about 60% (the actual number that grew out of the transplanted grafts) after a year and a half. Meaning, 40% of the hairs were lost. Even then, for a real NW6, it's gonna be a tough and expensive ride, without actual hope of ever having a full head of hair.

baller88

Reaction score
I had two hair transplant's over 3 years, at a cost of £8000 (about $13k) which was a huge expense as a twenty-something year old — I could have bought a Porsche Cayman instead of the BMW! I think people aren't informed that hair transplant's require top-ups and that we'll never really have a full head of hair. The ironic part is how the doctor said that I'll have a full head of hair during the consultation, but then changed his statement to "fuller head of hair" 1 hour before the 1st surgery and then mentioned "top-ups" during the post-surgery check up! I actually can't believe the endless late nights I had to work at the office to make the bonuses I needed to cover the loan repayments. My 1st hair transplant was done by Transform Group in the UK.

I had a tattoo done to cover up the strip scar, although it definitely doesn't allow you to shave it up it does allow me to have shorter hair at the back for my 'Boardwalk Empire' style hair. For the time being you can use Dermmatch to cover up the scar.

I got a hair system about 2 years after my 2nd hair transplant. I do recommend it but it's like starting from square one except now you have the strip scar to deal with as well. I have all my maintenance (including bi-weekyl changes) done at a club and order the units from one of the larger mail suppliers — average expenses comes to $350/mo.

Do it.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
I had two hair transplant's over 3 years, at a cost of £8000 (about $13k) which was a huge expense as a twenty-something year old — I could have bought a Porsche Cayman instead of the BMW! I think people aren't informed that hair transplant's require top-ups and that we'll never really have a full head of hair. The ironic part is how the doctor said that I'll have a full head of hair during the consultation, but then changed his statement to "fuller head of hair" 1 hour before the 1st surgery and then mentioned "top-ups" during the post-surgery check up! I actually can't believe the endless late nights I had to work at the office to make the bonuses I needed to cover the loan repayments. My 1st hair transplant was done by Transform Group in the UK.

I had a tattoo done to cover up the strip scar, although it definitely doesn't allow you to shave it up it does allow me to have shorter hair at the back for my 'Boardwalk Empire' style hair. For the time being you can use Dermmatch to cover up the scar.

I got a hair system about 2 years after my 2nd hair transplant. I do recommend it but it's like starting from square one except now you have the strip scar to deal with as well. I have all my maintenance (including bi-weekyl changes) done at a club and order the units from one of the larger mail suppliers — average expenses comes to $350/mo.

Do it.

so in hindsight you wouldn't have done the transplants?

baller88

Reaction score
so in hindsight you wouldn't have done the transplants?

Haha obviously not, but I doubt I would have gone the hair system route without going through hair transplants first. I'm still in my 20's I've turned my hair into a hobby and go for more edgy hairstyles (actually the reason why I have my strip scar micropigmented). Live and learn.

I only wish everyone considering hair transplant's know what they are in for.