Hair still miniaturizing after 4 month and 3 weeks on finasteride 1mg daily (20 M) (DIFFUSE)

hairarchy

My Regimen
Reaction score
The f*** man, anyways here is my hair when wet. Maybe I should go dutasteride? f*****g 20yo with this sh*t is stressful (Sorry for language)
photo_2021-01-13_18-43-04.jpg
Inkedphoto_2021-01-13_20-03-25_LI.jpg
Inkedphoto_2021-01-13_20-04-45_LI.jpg

Attachments

• Inkedsa_LI.jpg
    Inkedsa_LI.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 74
Last edited:

DarkHairHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride doesnt work on me and i have DUPA ( diffused unpaterned alopecia). I lose my hair even on sides and back ( donor area)

If you have DUPA like me , fina and dutasteride doesnt work sorry

hairarchy

My Regimen
Reaction score
same post from the anti androgen forum
Finasteride doesnt work on me and i have DUPA ( diffused unpaterned alopecia). I lose my hair even on sides and back ( donor area)

If you have DUPA like me , fina and dutasteride doesnt work sorry
I dont know if I have dupa or not, can i send you pics? SO what are the options i have if i have dupa? MY donor area is quite thick, i have thinning on sides tho

DarkHairHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can send me picture of your sides if you want. If your sides are thick , yojr are safe but if you have dupa , it's over because it's not related to DHT that's why dutasteride doesnt work on dupa suffers

hairarchy

My Regimen
Reaction score
You can send me picture of your sides if you want. If your sides are thick , yojr are safe but if you have dupa , it's over because it's not related to DHT that's why dutasteride doesnt work on dupa suffers
I updated my post, i added my sides pic

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Diffuse hair loss is usually androgenic, which means it should be slowed or stopped by finasteride/dutasteride.

In some cases it may be a diffuse form of alopecia areata, which would require different treatment.

Looking at your case, I think you have some retrograde alopecia and androgenic diffuse hair loss on top. finasteride takes some time for it to work. Some people don’t see results until a year for example. I’d wait it out until 6-8 months, and if it’s actually getting worse after that, consult a doctor and consider dutasteride.

If even after all that your hair continues to get worse, I’d recommend getting a scalp biopsy and seeing if there’s an autoimmune aspect to this

hairarchy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Diffuse hair loss is usually androgenic, which means it should be slowed or stopped by finasteride/dutasteride.

In some cases it may be a diffuse form of alopecia areata, which would require different treatment.

Looking at your case, I think you have some retrograde alopecia and androgenic diffuse hair loss on top. finasteride takes some time for it to work. Some people don’t see results until a year for example. I’d wait it out until 6-8 months, and if it’s actually getting worse after that, consult a doctor and consider dutasteride.

If even after all that your hair continues to get worse, I’d recommend getting a scalp biopsy and seeing if there’s an autoimmune aspect to this
Oh so theres a chance its androgenic, or not. I lost a lot of miniaturized hair in shower i really hope they will grow back thicker.

Thanks for the info, i hope scalp biopsy isnt expensive

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh so theres a chance its androgenic, or not. I lost a lot of miniaturized hair in shower i really hope they will grow back thicker.

Thanks for the info, i hope scalp biopsy isnt expensive
Yes, but it’s rare for it to be autoimmune so I’d lean on it being androgenic.

If all these treatments don’t work, then you’re either aggressively balding to the point you need dutasteride and topical anti androgens like RU. Or that it’s not completely androgenic. A scalp biopsy can definitively figure that out, not sure how much it costs. Maybe your insurance will cover it.

You may be going through a finasteride shed too, so expect any thin hairs to grow back thicker. Good luck man.