Hair shedding or loss on the sides and back of head?

RG37

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey so I’m a 21 year old. Starting losing my hair a couple years ago, I’m a diffuse thinner. Yada yada tried different solutions and after having a really adverse reaction to finasteride I decided to try out a hair system.

Hair system was a success for me and I’ve been wearing them for just over a year now but recently I’ve run in to a new conundrum. In the past couple months I seem to be shedding a lot from the sides and back of my head. I have long hair and blend it nicely with a long hair system style and recently I’ve noticed I probably shed like 10-30 hairs per day at least from the sides and back of my head when brushing or showering and such.

My question is, is this even possible? Why might this be happening? Is it possible it’s normal shedding and not actually permanent hair loss? I read hair follicles go through cycles of growth, falling out, rest and regrown. Is this true? Is it possible this is what’s happening to me?

The reason I’m perplexed is because losing the hair on the sides and back of my head would not even be genetically consistent. My dad, which is who I get my bald gene from since my mom’s grandfather had a full head of hair, has very thick side and back of head hair despite obviously being bald on top.

Anyone can give me some reassurance or something? What’s going on?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey so I’m a 21 year old. Starting losing my hair a couple years ago, I’m a diffuse thinner. Yada yada tried different solutions and after having a really adverse reaction to finasteride I decided to try out a hair system.

Hair system was a success for me and I’ve been wearing them for just over a year now but recently I’ve run in to a new conundrum. In the past couple months I seem to be shedding a lot from the sides and back of my head. I have long hair and blend it nicely with a long hair system style and recently I’ve noticed I probably shed like 10-30 hairs per day at least from the sides and back of my head when brushing or showering and such.

My question is, is this even possible? Why might this be happening? Is it possible it’s normal shedding and not actually permanent hair loss? I read hair follicles go through cycles of growth, falling out, rest and regrown. Is this true? Is it possible this is what’s happening to me?

The reason I’m perplexed is because losing the hair on the sides and back of my head would not even be genetically consistent. My dad, which is who I get my bald gene from since my mom’s grandfather had a full head of hair, has very thick side and back of head hair despite obviously being bald on top.

Anyone can give me some reassurance or something? What’s going on?
Probably the opposite of reassurance. Diffuse thinning seems to be just another XY-linked way of losing hair in a new and novel way similar to Telogen Effluvium which it should resemble but Telogen Effluvium in the pics I see, virtually always turns out to be male pattern baldness plus misguided wishful thinking. Telogen Effluvium doesn't necessarily grow back but it sure falls out quickly. There's no protective sort of hair loss, not Telogen Effluvium or even here in terms of your initially only worrying about male pattern baldness. Areata might grow back but that's a rare affliction.

I don't know what you have lost on top and in the fringe in general but it's not too late perhaps. If you can't be with the one you love (here meaning finasteride) love the one you're with(meaning dutasteride) and you might still have a hope if you microneedle and drink topical min. Otherwise, next time on here, we trannies will be the last hope and it doesn't always work for MtF's either so you can't even use that for perverse insurance like "I guess I'll go be a tranny if that what the universe wants." Janey calls the universe Goddess and She requires discernment of those to whom She extends Her mercy.

RG37

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m not sure I really understand what you mean?

I know that the hair on top of my head is gone but I don’t have any genetic predisposition from what I can see for losing the hair on the sides and back and thus I’m asking if the shedding I’m experiencing is possibly the normal shedding phase that follicles apparently go through? Like when women brush their hair or take showers they generally lose hairs every time but they don’t go bald cause the hair grows back in cycles.

why do you say I have telogen effluvium? Isn’t that hair loss related to stress?

Everton1878

My Regimen
Reaction score
If i was you i would just wore a hair system all over my head. I wouldnt worry about anything and i wouldnt take medicines for the rest of my life. You are already wearing one on the top so you are used to it

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m not sure I really understand what you mean?

I know that the hair on top of my head is gone but I don’t have any genetic predisposition from what I can see for losing the hair on the sides and back and thus I’m asking if the shedding I’m experiencing is possibly the normal shedding phase that follicles apparently go through? Like when women brush their hair or take showers they generally lose hairs every time but they don’t go bald cause the hair grows back in cycles.

why do you say I have telogen effluvium? Isn’t that hair loss related to stress?
Telogen Effluvium might be related to stress and that's how people bandy about the term on here but Telogen Effluvium doesn't regrow hair so it doesn't matter which type a person has but 99 percent of the time, males probably recover only partially at best. Do many guys like me exist who have recovered from massive Telogen Effluvium to the point of being a NW7? I haven't seen any pics this dramatic so where are all of the pics of Telogen Effluvium recoveries? Am I literally the only person who had certifiable Telogen Effluvium to baldness from a med, spironolactone, down to mere scraps? Cause I also had male pattern baldness too, not instead of Telogen Effluvium so probably nobody else has recovered from this, regardless of etiology but it matters because virtually all young guys think that Telogen Effluvium means that they aren't going bald and at best, it only means, not yet. For logic folks, it's a conjunctive probability not an either/or type of probability.

Attachments

• bald.png
    bald.png
    105.9 KB · Views: 152
  • balder.png
    balder.png
    105 KB · Views: 141
  • balderest.png
    balderest.png
    108 KB · Views: 146
  • 30somthin.jpeg
    30somthin.jpeg
    81.9 KB · Views: 159

RG37

My Regimen
Reaction score
Telogen Effluvium might be related to stress and that's how people bandy about the term on here but Telogen Effluvium doesn't regrow hair so it doesn't matter which type a person has but 99 percent of the time, males probably recover only partially at best. Do many guys like me exist who have recovered from massive Telogen Effluvium to the point of being a NW7? I haven't seen any pics this dramatic so where are all of the pics of Telogen Effluvium recoveries? Am I literally the only person who had certifiable Telogen Effluvium to baldness from a med, spironolactone, down to mere scraps? Cause I also had male pattern baldness too, not instead of Telogen Effluvium so probably nobody else has recovered from this, regardless of etiology but it matters because virtually all young guys think that Telogen Effluvium means that they aren't going bald and at best, it only means, not yet. For logic folks, it's a conjunctive probability not an either/or type of probability.

But telogen effluvium seems to also only be on the top of the head and not the sides and back?
And also doesn’t everyone lose a certain amount of hair naturally because follicles go through cycles?
And why do you think I have telogen effluvium? Is it common?

most people who have telogen effluvium never recover?

RG37

My Regimen
Reaction score
If i was you i would just wore a hair system all over my head. I wouldnt worry about anything and i wouldnt take medicines for the rest of my life. You are already wearing one on the top so you are used to it
It doesn’t look as realistic though. What do you think about what I said in my post though? Is it likely I’m gonna lose my hair on the sides and back l?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol. But you still have your hair and an interest in seeing guys like this poor fellow, give up although purportedly systems like wigs can look quite nice in fact but it's also true that you never let anyone who matters see you out of your wig, so to speak because it ruins the illusion. My hair and your hair has illusion on its own and we never have to deal with the only male fear comparable to wearing a dress in public and eh, been there and done that in my custody hearing and work as a lawyer but the ultimate fear is being with the perfect female in bed, just demanding enough so I can stay on the bottom, and having one's hair come out in a fistful of hers exhorting one, so to speak, to greater heights of prowess. There's also the version of fear where she asks "is is in yet" for you guys but Janey doesn't sweat that any longer. Of course, I am never quite in yet any longer(but penis length rarely if ever changes in terms of pulled length) but I still have a beautiful woman in my arms who at least digs me for my hair and to be honest, probably for my tits as well since that's an unusual experience for most XX's, having the guy be the one with the tits but at B and a half, maybe a C, my ex is still far larger since she has perfect D's and a perfect Venus-like goddess aspect that I have been trying to copy now for 8 years maybe but it takes time turning the ship around. My only rule is no surgery adding stuff.

If my ex still rejects me even with hair! then the rest of you guys without treatment have not much hope at all even with the schlong of 12 inches and two small tatters cause most of the time that just bangs on their cervix and causes chaffing to both of you, just imagine walking around all day like that said Elaine unless they are seeking to make you as a daddy for child support and all. My ex refused all child support and moved and changed her last name and it's taken me six years to be worthy again but if I fail that still won't matter to me since I expect to have hair and somehow, I am petite-looking and acting looking again and now my face is much smoother to cuddle with and rub things up against.... I have seen p**rn and big swinging testicles are not the attractive kind of swaying and the smell is nauseating and no chicks lick *** nor should they nor should guys even want that. We exist to kiss their asses and not the other way around and it will always be true.

Best,
Janey

Last edited:

RStGeorge

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I posted this on another thread, but worth repeating.

I am an NW7 and have recovered some of my hair on top using oral finasteride for one year then oral dutasteride/Min for another.

But I a diffuse thinner, and after trying everything I could get my hands on, nothing has helped me stop losing a significant amount of hair from my sides or back.

I too wear a hair unit and it is getting harder to blend my side and back hair with that of the unit.

A few months ago I tried topical Melatonin, and for the first time in yonks I would rub my hands through my side and back hair and if I was lucky I may get one or two hairs.

I typically get about 10 to 20 just from one side.

So I would suggest you try topical Melatonin for one month, and see if it helps.

Daily application, rub it in to your sides and back hair.

Then check what occurs in your shower

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

I am an NW7 and have recovered some of my hair on top using oral finasteride for one year then oral dutasteride/Min for another.

But I a diffuse thinner, and after trying everything I could get my hands on, nothing has helped me stop losing a significant amount of hair from my sides or back.

I too wear a hair unit and it is getting harder to blend my side and back hair with that of the unit.

A few months ago I tried topical Melatonin, and for the first time in yonks I would rub my hands through my side and back hair and if I was lucky I may get one or two hairs.

So I would suggest you try topical Melatonin for one month, and see if it helps.

Janey took your advice and went to the cupboard to grab the oral melatonin that I bought the last time that I read about melatonin helping hair loss and I sure need it for sleep since I am now able to fade after 16 hours of answering questions on here and on Reddit. I recommend trazadone and Seroquel over Xanax too for those obsessing needing a chill pill. I just finished many minutes more than usual of microneedling and putting Retin-A, topical foam on my scalp along with collegen enhancers on the hair line and under the eyes on both before and after. This is a lot of work when a person really wants it and lots of guys come on here saying: "I won't use minoxidil or finasteride or dutasteride and my scalp is too tender for microneedling but can anyone list some treatments that aren't proven to use? Swear to Goddess someone posted that on Saturday or Friday as I think back. It's a pretty passive-aggressive way of seeking help but oh so adorable in the sense of dude's done with his hair since Goddess accepts no demands or negotiating. You are either willing to make sacrifices in terms of using all proven male meds or you are not. Some guys on MtF treatment seem bizarrely angry about it, feeling coerced into yes, the logical remedy that they want and need, deep down but feeling coerced takes some of the guilt of the tranny way and the embarrassment thereof, feel out of their control so no, they never chose to be tranny for the hair, not like Janey who doesn't care one way or the other as long as it grows long flowing shiny tresses. Mere XY hair of mortals doesn't suffice for me. You guys would all be thrilled with coverage but that's not what hair is about for rock and roll stars or actors like Tom Cruise in Magnolia.

Last edited:

RG37

My Regimen
Reaction score

Ok thanks I will try the topical melatonin. How bad is the loss on your sides and back? Has any of it grown back? What do you think the cause of it is? What is your age and do you have an pictures? Is this type of loss in your genetics?

RG37

My Regimen
Reaction score
You had telogen effluvium and that’s what caused your hair loss?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You had telogen effluvium and that’s what caused your hair loss?
I had male pattern baldness and then Telogen Effluvium on top of that, making me a NW7 for several months but I am the Telogen Effluvium survivor, who actually regrew all of my pre-Telogen Effluvium hair.

Attachments

• bald.png
    bald.png
    105.9 KB · Views: 96
  • 30somthin.jpeg
    30somthin.jpeg
    81.9 KB · Views: 103

RG37

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had male pattern baldness and then Telogen Effluvium on top of that, making me a NW7 for several months but I am the Telogen Effluvium survivor, who actually regrew all of my pre-Telogen Effluvium hair.
Oh ok interesting. Did you ever find out the cause of the telogen effluvium? How did you get it diagnosed? Did it all grow back naturally ?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh ok interesting. Did you ever find out the cause of the telogen effluvium? How did you get it diagnosed? Did it all grow back naturally ?
Well. I have it narrowed down to three things all of which I started about the same time, two years ago: harsh massages, microneedling and adding 200mg of spironolactone to my protocol and all of my hair fell out in about a month after ebbing and flowing on Duta plus finasteride plus topical min and using Estriol/Biestro directly on my face and tits, since I sought to prove that effect to but breast growth is hard to change or replicate in others but the rule of thumb for me is that low-dose E2 or Estriol or Biestro grows much better tits while high dose E2 grows far better hair and helps with the rejuvenating effects of 2nd puberty which is mindblowing in terms of running the hair loss visual in reverse the past eight years or so. For younger males, a wig like mine is far better for passing as a female in pictures if not real life since most pre-menopausal white and Asian females wear their hair significantly longer than males are able to reach given the mullet effect where hair seems to refuse to get any longer, uh oh, meaning anagen is maxed out. It's all about anagen. Maybe DHT does promote all hair growth but only estradiol can triple to quadruple our hair's anagen phase.

My shed was entirely benevolent except that it will take me 30 months by 1-1-22 to again reach not just my previous hair length but also to arrive to a hair length that is recognizably female and without mullet artifacts and I estimate four to six months to where I can cut it all the same length but you have to grow hair first before you cut it, says Janey, who never lets anyone touch her hair or approach her from behind as old habits die hard. Once I saw crown thinning on October 4th of 1984, I have only cut my own hair except for my wedding hair cut. Here's what I think. Scalp hair loss for male bodies without substantial beard or body hair growth, is minimal the world over. White males/Semites are famous for their beards to the point that some Jews and Arabs are unable to cut them for religious reasons that have cropped up around facial hair growth. Native Americans had no such beard mythology nor Siberians who are/were mostly Shamanistic in outlook. Beards and body hair for white males might amount to the same amount of overall hair that XX's have, just distributed among many more follicles area-wise and I have seen beards fully equally to long female heads of hair among Asian and white females and all pure blood Inuits and Native Americans regardless of gender.

So, no, you probably don't want to feminize for hair but even beyond that, I encourage you to understand that hair was not meant for you. There's still maybe 20 percent of Semites/whites who don't lose their hair but rarely is it of the same sheen, quality or appeal as XY hair even if maintained for life, like in the case of my father. Mother's hair is still much longer and nicer. His gets too curly if it grows long and it looks like crappy Brady Bunch pre-permanent hair. So just the attempt for hair by Semites/whites is an attempt at feminization in kind if not actuality or we can couch it in terms of seeking youth but youths that are hair less except abundant scalp hair have always been the favorites of other males, like in Greece where hairlessness and tiny organs of reproduction put you on the cover of Man/Boy Digest in scroll form. Many Greeks complained in print about their hairless tiny lovers changing in one quick summer where the hair begin to go right away and the penis and testicles grow perhaps even bigger than the once doting older male lover and dudes, like their boy lovers to be small but 16 alas is still too old for this. It was legal and tolerated then and now the age of homosexual consent is down to 16 many places. Female homosexual acts have never been seen as concerning regardless of age since such acts never result in cuckolded husbands and males barely like their own children, much less raising someone else's.

RG37

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well. I have it narrowed down to three things all of which I started about the same time, two years ago: harsh massages, microneedling and adding 200mg of spironolactone to my protocol and all of my hair fell out in about a month after ebbing and flowing on Duta plus finasteride plus topical min and using Estriol/Biestro directly on my face and tits, since I sought to prove that effect to but breast growth is hard to change or replicate in others but the rule of thumb for me is that low-dose E2 or Estriol or Biestro grows much better tits while high dose E2 grows far better hair and helps with the rejuvenating effects of 2nd puberty which is mindblowing in terms of running the hair loss visual in reverse the past eight years or so. For younger males, a wig like mine is far better for passing as a female in pictures if not real life since most pre-menopausal white and Asian females wear their hair significantly longer than males are able to reach given the mullet effect where hair seems to refuse to get any longer, uh oh, meaning anagen is maxed out. It's all about anagen. Maybe DHT does promote all hair growth but only estradiol can triple to quadruple our hair's anagen phase.

My shed was entirely benevolent except that it will take me 30 months by 1-1-22 to again reach not just my previous hair length but also to arrive to a hair length that is recognizably female and without mullet artifacts and I estimate four to six months to where I can cut it all the same length but you have to grow hair first before you cut it, says Janey, who never lets anyone touch her hair or approach her from behind as old habits die hard. Once I saw crown thinning on October 4th of 1984, I have only cut my own hair except for my wedding hair cut. Here's what I think. Scalp hair loss for male bodies without substantial beard or body hair growth, is minimal the world over. White males/Semites are famous for their beards to the point that some Jews and Arabs are unable to cut them for religious reasons that have cropped up around facial hair growth. Native Americans had no such beard mythology nor Siberians who are/were mostly Shamanistic in outlook. Beards and body hair for white males might amount to the same amount of overall hair that XX's have, just distributed among many more follicles area-wise and I have seen beards fully equally to long female heads of hair among Asian and white females and all pure blood Inuits and Native Americans regardless of gender.

So, no, you probably don't want to feminize for hair but even beyond that, I encourage you to understand that hair was not meant for you. There's still maybe 20 percent of Semites/whites who don't lose their hair but rarely is it of the same sheen, quality or appeal as XY hair even if maintained for life, like in the case of my father. Mother's hair is still much longer and nicer. His gets too curly if it grows long and it looks like crappy Brady Bunch pre-permanent hair. So just the attempt for hair by Semites/whites is an attempt at feminization in kind if not actuality or we can couch it in terms of seeking youth but youths that are hair less except abundant scalp hair have always been the favorites of other males, like in Greece where hairlessness and tiny organs of reproduction put you on the cover of Man/Boy Digest in scroll form. Many Greeks complained in print about their hairless tiny lovers changing in one quick summer where the hair begin to go right away and the penis and testicles grow perhaps even bigger than the once doting older male lover and dudes, like their boy lovers to be small but 16 alas is still too old for this. It was legal and tolerated then and now the age of homosexual consent is down to 16 many places. Female homosexual acts have never been seen as concerning regardless of age since such acts never result in cuckolded husbands and males barely like their own children, much less raising someone else's.
Ok so if I understand you underwent a sex change to reverse hair loss and when you had telogen effluvium it was possibly due to drug side effects stressing the body? And you lose it all in a single month?

is it possible I end up keeping my side and back hair and can keep living happily while wearing hair systems?
If you want I could send you pics to see my current density

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok so if I understand you underwent a sex change to reverse hair loss and when you had telogen effluvium it was possibly due to drug side effects stressing the body? And you lose it all in a single month?

is it possible I end up keeping my side and back hair and can keep living happily while wearing hair systems?
If you want I could send you pics to see my current density
Of course, I will take a look and you can PM so as not to out yourself to others. Things are a bit disjointed now for many people since Cait Jenner notwithstanding, many MtF's have no conception of wanting SRS since they see themselves more so as both and the nitty gritty for some XY females is that male partners probably prefer potential partners not to get SRS which was formerly known as transsexual surgery and while the term tranny has been recovered for many of us, transsexual sounds icky and coercive because they used to have to sign contracts with three types of doctors promising to get SRS, covered or not, as a price for being medicated with MtF HRT. You even had to live a year as a female which I have done now for 18 months purportedly but unless I wear skirts and dresses, living as a "female" is largely pointless if not against my beliefs in gender neutral clothing in general except for bathing suits and underwear where sex-segregated types of clothing make sense.

So I was chemically female or almost so, at the time of the shed and this is tested in terms of T and E2 and DHT only if somebody pays for it so I knew when I was essentially in the middle chemically and when I was a chemical female which I have sought to be for 15 months without deviation except to moderate my estradiol usage as my hair grew in. Females more routinely recover from Telogen Effluvium since for them, it presents like diffuse thinning. Most people claiming Telogen Effluvium in a male context, actually have loss in the temples and the crown in addition to diffuse thinning in the fringe areas so yes, the fringe area might call for different approaches. I microneedle my entire scalp every time and now I am up to twice weekly from once weekly for 24 months but I try not to rock the boat much since I am winning so to speak and mathematically, increases in variability of outcomes is best done when things are hopeless like onside kicks in football. Their expected value had declined from 0 in the earlier days of kicking from the 40 yard line to far less than 0 but then adding in OT and then only partial OT of ten minutes changed these calculations too. Pitching a stud reliever's arm off is another way of embracing variability in future outcomes for the present which might or might not be in that hurler's person interest.

Janey

Last edited:

RG37

My Regimen
Reaction score
Of course, I will take a look and you can PM so as not to out yourself to others. Things are a bit disjointed now for many people since Cait Jenner notwithstanding, many MtF's have no conception of wanting SRS since they see themselves more so as both and the nitty gritty for some XY females is that male partners probably prefer potential partners not to get SRS which was formerly known as transsexual surgery and while the term tranny has been recovered for many of us, transsexual sounds icky and coercive because they used to have to sign contracts with three types of doctors promising to get SRS, covered or not, as a price for being medicated with MtF HRT. You even had to live a year as a female which I have done now for 18 months purportedly but unless I wear skirts and dresses, living as a "female" is largely pointless if not against my beliefs in gender neutral clothing in general except for bathing suits and underwear where sex-segregated types of clothing make sense.

So I was chemically female or almost so, at the time of the shed and this is tested in terms of T and E2 and DHT only if somebody pays for it so I knew when I was essentially in the middle chemically and when I was a chemical female which I have sought to be for 15 months without deviation except to moderate my estradiol usage as my hair grew in. Females more routinely recover from Telogen Effluvium since for them, it presents like diffuse thinning. Most people claiming Telogen Effluvium in a male context, actually have loss in the temples and the crown in addition to diffuse thinning in the fringe areas so yes, the fringe area might call for different approaches. I microneedle my entire scalp every time and now I am up to twice weekly from once weekly for 24 months but I try not to rock the boat much since I am winning so to speak and mathematically, increases in variability of outcomes is best done when things are hopeless like onside kicks in football. Their expected value had declined from 0 in the earlier days of kicking from the 40 yard line to far less than 0 but then adding in OT and then only partial OT of ten minutes changed these calculations too. Pitching a stud reliever's arm off is another way of embracing variability in future outcomes for the present which might or might not be in that hurler's person interest.

Janey
Ok started a conversation with you if you wanna check it we can chat there

Catagen

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Look at the older men in your family and their final patterns. NW7s usually have thinned out donor areas meaning the back and the sides of your hair and you can still lose your temple points. But hair on your back will not go completely bald but it will thin out, but you can go completely bald above and in front of the ears. But this is usually reserved for old men and extremely rare cases for under 30 guys.
dupa.png

RG37

My Regimen
Reaction score
Look at the older men in your family and their final patterns. NW7s usually have thinned out donor areas meaning the back and the sides of your hair and you can still lose your temple points. But hair on your back will not go completely bald but it will thin out, but you can go completely bald above and in front of the ears. But this is usually reserved for old men and extremely rare cases for under 30 guys.
View attachment 168116
Yes this is why it’s so peculiar. I’m only 21, my dad is bald on top but still has very thick hair on the sides and back even now that he’s in his 50s. My grandfather on my moms side had a full head of hair so his hair loss genes are irrelevant.

And i always had very thick donor area hair until recently in the past couple months where it’s started shedding like Crazy. I have no idea what’s causing it someone needs to help me I’m freaking the hell out. Is there any possibility this is a temporary thing and the shedding will stop and grow back?