Hair Shed In The Shower Is Mostly Miniaturized Hairs.. Good Or Bad Sign?

mjp92

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been using Nizoral once every other day for 2 months, and finasteride for one and a half weeks.

I used to easily shed 20 hairs from the top of my head each time I showered, that has gone down already to about 10. And most of those now are miniaturized hairs of various lengths.

I still do get a few hairs when I run my hands through my hair at any given time (sides and top but not the back) but a large share of those are miniaturized too and not sturdy, thick hairs.

Scalp itching used to be constant and frequent, now it comes once or twice a day and only lasts for a minute or so. I never scratch, as I do not wish to risk knocking out hairs. I have seborrheic dermatitis that the Nizoral has helped with significantly.

Is all of this a good or a bad sign? I have heard mostly miniaturized hairs falling means that new ones will eventually grow in sturdier than the ones that fell.

br1

Reaction score
I believe you can't tell... If you are on finasteride, I would just stop counting shed hairs and check your looks.

Otherwise you will go crazy........

mjp92

My Regimen
Reaction score
My hair has looked similar for the last 5 years and the progression of the hair loss was very slow. Only photos from early college years look different than today. 90% of people don't even notice it unless I point it out. I think if I can maintain what I have, which I most likely will then I should be fine.