Hair multiplication to be out in the next 2 years

Stingray

Reaction score
Or for you morons that don't know how to copy/paste URLs.... click this

shivs

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry we not all computer geeks like you Stingray and once again if you have nothing good to say dont say anything at all...a*** little prick :lol:

RalphyWiggum

Established Member
Reaction score
between HM/Telogen Effluvium and MBP-related treatments it's a good time to be balding...

Stabber

Established Member
Reaction score
shivs said:
Sorry we not all computer geeks like you Stingray and once again if you have nothing good to say dont say anything at all...a*** little prick :lol:

:laugh: thanks for the info dude. is this old news?? Ive seen this site before. Is there any more on this?

bombscience

Reaction score
Where does it say something about HM coming out in 2 years. I'm beginning to feel it's my only hope.

Loopydude

Reaction score
Some concerns about this procedure

My only major concern about hair multiplication is that cells from the scalp are expanded considerably in culture. To make cells proliferate in culture, you have to maintain them with serum and/or growth factors to prevent them from exiting the cell cycle like all skin cells are designed to do, eventually. This temporary period of hyperproliferation may lead to expansions of a certain sub-population of cells that has greater proliferative capacity. This greater proliferative capacity could be due to a mutation or mutations that affect cell growth. Under the right culture conditions, such cells grow like crazy, and can easily expand several-fold faster than their more normal counterparts. So now you've got cells primed for transformation (meaning they are more likely to become immortalized tumor cells) that you've expanded disproportionally in culture, and you want to put them back on your relatively hairless head, where they're exposed to sunlight, etc. Not a good idea, IMO, unless this procedure is stringently tested and shown to NOT lead to the unnatural expansion of incipient tumorigenic cells. If you're a burn victim, such a risk is reasonable. If you're just bald, I dunno.

stormshadow

Reaction score
Re: Some concerns about this procedure

Loopydude said:
My only major concern about hair multiplication is that cells from the scalp are expanded considerably in culture. To make cells proliferate in culture, you have to maintain them with serum and/or growth factors to prevent them from exiting the cell cycle like all skin cells are designed to do, eventually. This temporary period of hyperproliferation may lead to expansions of a certain sub-population of cells that has greater proliferative capacity. This greater proliferative capacity could be due to a mutation or mutations that affect cell growth. Under the right culture conditions, such cells grow like crazy, and can easily expand several-fold faster than their more normal counterparts. So now you've got cells primed for transformation (meaning they are more likely to become immortalized tumor cells) that you've expanded disproportionally in culture, and you want to put them back on your relatively hairless head, where they're exposed to sunlight, etc. Not a good idea, IMO, unless this procedure is stringently tested and shown to NOT lead to the unnatural expansion of incipient tumorigenic cells. If you're a burn victim, such a risk is reasonable. If you're just bald, I dunno.

say what? :laugh:

stormshadow

Reaction score
bombscience said:
Where does it say something about HM coming out in 2 years. I'm beginning to feel it's my only hope.

iamwithstupid.gif

This may be my only hope too. Unless my pubes get transferred

Reaction score
Re: Some concerns about this procedure

Loopydude said:

Dude, can you just send me the manual?

Loopydude

Reaction score
To put it another way...

Storm:

It's possible hair multiplication could increase your chances of developing skin cancer on your head. This is because cells grown in a dish, to make lots and lots more of them than you started with, can change in unexpected and unwanted ways. This needs to be checked before people go using this technique. Capiche?

Reaction score
Re: To put it another way...

Loopydude said:
Storm:

It's possible hair multiplication could increase your chances of developing skin cancer on your head. This is because cells grown in a dish, to make lots and lots more of them than you started with, can change in unexpected and unwanted ways. This needs to be checked before people go using this technique. Capiche?

Cool. Thanks. The average intelligence....including myself....is not too bright on this site. :smoke: