Hair Loss From Age 16-20 Female, Iron, Thyroid, Fphl

morgy23

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all!
This is my first post to the community and was wondering if I could get any feedback!

I am currently 20 years old and have hair loss. My hair loss is diffuse so all over my head but also is more prominent on the top, sides and now crown area. My hair has always been thin but looking back on pictures I’ve realized it’s been thinning since I was 16.

Most recently within in the past 5 months my crown area and back of head has lost a lot of hair. It just drastically happened. My hair has been falling out a lot more, hair everywhere. It has really made me very self conscious (more than I already was). I have gone to the dermatologist and they kinda just pushed me out like it wasn’t a big deal, just blaming it on stress and saying it is Telogen Effluvium which it could be why so much is coming out but it doesn’t explain why it’s been thinning for years. You can see my scalp from every side of my head. When you are standing beside me you can see the top of my scalp clear as day. There are no hairstyles to cover it.

I have gotten blood tests taken to see if there are any issues. I got one test a year ago which stated my ferritin was 14. I then took iron pills which really messed with my stomach so I stopped. Then in December I got another blood test and my ferritin was 21. I then started to take the iron pills cause my hair has only progressively gotten worse. I got another test 2 weeks ago and my iron is now 39, so it has gone up quite a bit. I’m not so sure if iron is the reason for my hair thinning all these years.

My parents both have full heads of hair along with my grandparents. My brother who is 26 is bald so there seems to be a gene somewhere in my family.

I have also gotten checked for my thyroid as my mother and grandmother have Graves‘ disease. My results were:
TSH - 2.58 mlU/L
Thyroxine Free (Free T4)- 12pmol/L
Thyroglobulin Antibody- 194 klu/L (was high)
Thyroperoxidase Antibody- 24 klu/L

The dermatologist said that my antibodies were high but my thyroid was still active. Could my hair loss possibly be my thyroid?

My hair loss I guess looks like female pattern hair loss but it just seems weird if I did have it at such a young age. I know it’s possible but I wish it wasn’t. Just wondering if anyone had an experience like this or not! Or if anyone has any input as the doctors didn’t seem to care much to help me! Thank you in advance!

Miss Sheikh

My Regimen
Reaction score
Howdy,
see...first thing is that u need to calm down...yep i knw.... it's very tough... but as u take more stress the situation will become even more worse.
Take a deep breath.
Now, listen.... iron level... might or might not lead to a serious hair loss... but... ur diet... ur taking care of ur hairs matter alot...
DO YOU WASH UR HAIRS EVERY OTHER DAY?
if u do... thn please stop...
Secondly.... do oil ur hairs atleast thwice a week... nd if not possible...thn at least once a...(bullshit... every1 says dis.... rit??)
BUT what i am going to teell u now...Just note it down... It might help u out... nd the results u will see for sure... IF u follOw this for atleast three months.
JUST NOTE IN UR DIARY
After getting up in morning... first thing that u need to do is.
Gently massage ur hairs for about 5minutes....yeah i knw...no one wants to do it... but it is necessary... later on i will tell you WHY...nd best part is dat... after MOnths...u will urself see the results!!!...dont u beleive me?...give it a try Amigo

THN... daily have a bowl of salads including sprouts, cabbage, and tomato is MUST... all dis will help u in increasing ur iron levels... without taking medicine... nd if u r taking any iron pills...thn DONT STOp it.... but...WHEN U COMPLETE ALL DIS I AM tellinG U RIT NOW. ....FOR THREE Months.... GO.get a test... nd thn... stop ur iron pills...
nd if u r a non vegan... thn u can have red meat.. fish... twice a week....it's very good for ur hairs.

LAST BUT not the least step is... that...apply a hair mask once a week...it will nourish ur hairs... nd slowly u will see the improvements.

IT SURELY HELPS
UR AMIGO.

shravani

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice. Thank you for sharing

Bagelbagel

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have low iron and ferretin too and I think this is the cause of my hair loss. Unfortunately I’m not supposed to take iron supplements as I have thalassemia so I have no idea what to do. Maybe you can take MegaFood Blood Builder. Lots of people say this doesn’t mess up their stomach.