hair loss at 19 reasons why this is happening so early?

randomguy4556

My Regimen
Reaction score
Basically I noticed the hair on my temples started receding when I became 18 and hasn't really changed from then to now but I'm guessing its gonna get worse. I think the recession was due to a lot of stress (from exams) and I was styling my hair everyday in a style that is not good for my hairline for a long time like an idiot (I haven't used any wax for a while now). Once I noticed the change I stupidly used castor oil and coconut oil to see if it would help but it just made things a little worse. Right now I think im on norward 2. Also my hair is really itchy on my temples and I sometimes feel a burning sensation which is strange. Most guys in my family don't really have that bad balding issues, my dad had a straight hairline until he went into his 40's, my uncles have a better hairline than I do at this point. But my grand dad is bald but did have his hair for a good amount of time. I was wondering if this is a mature hairline or I'm just at the early stages of balding. My hair so far right now is long and thick but my hairline is not very good on my temples (I dont want to post any photos).

Last edited:

Nebula74

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, it sucks lol, I get that burning sensation too, at first on my temples, and now on my crown. I'm 18, started at 17 and have been researching for about a month. I thought it was a mature hairline, one way to tell if it isn't is if the temples are even

randomguy4556

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, it sucks lol, I get that burning sensation too, at first on my temples, and now on my crown. I'm 18, started at 17 and have been researching for about a month. I thought it was a mature hairline, one way to tell if it isn't is if the temples are even
they are pretty even

WinningTheFight

My Regimen
Reaction score
Basically I noticed the hair on my temples started receding when I became 18 and hasn't really changed from then to now but I'm guessing its gonna get worse. I think the recession was due to a lot of stress (from exams) and I was styling my hair everyday in a style that is not good for my hairline for a long time like an idiot (I haven't used any wax for a while now). Once I noticed the change I stupidly used castor oil and coconut oil to see if it would help but it just made things a little worse. Right now I think im on norward 2. Also my hair is really itchy on my temples and I sometimes feel a burning sensation which is strange. Most guys in my family don't really have that bad balding issues, my dad had a straight hairline until he went into his 40's, my uncles have a better hairline than I do at this point. But my grand dad is bald but did have his hair for a good amount of time. I was wondering if this is a mature hairline or I'm just at the early stages of balding. My hair so far right now is long and thick but my hairline is not very good on my temples (I dont want to post any photos).
Go see a dr and discuss the possibility of going on finasteride / propicia .. Early on prevention is 100 times more effective than later trying to regrow. Dont go down the route of 'proper food' 'healthy lifestyle' etc. Those are of course great but no it wont stop ur hair from falling out. Just giving you the truth as it is, its ur choice take meds and risk some side effects or likely lose ur hair within a few year. Of course it is assuming that you actually are already suffering hair loss..

randomguy4556

My Regimen
Reaction score
Go see a dr and discuss the possibility of going on finasteride / propicia .. Early on prevention is 100 times more effective than later trying to regrow. Dont go down the route of 'proper food' 'healthy lifestyle' etc. Those are of course great but no it wont stop ur hair from falling out. Just giving you the truth as it is, its ur choice take meds and risk some side effects or likely lose ur hair within a few year. Of course it is assuming that you actually are already suffering hair loss..
I'm not experiencing hair fall just my hairline is not good but I will consider my options.

jazz1

Reaction score
Post pictures and have you seen a dermatologist?

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started losing my baby hairs on the temples when I was 18-19. There are guys here who started receding in their teens. Don't be sad it's over, be glad it happened. Either decide to start treatment soon or prepare yourself to be noticeably bald/balding in 5-10 years.