Hair line intact, hole in the middle at front---help!

johnnycash

Established Member
Reaction score
First I'd like to say thanks for the site. With all the research I've done though I still cannot figure out what I've got. My hair is not receeding, I've still got my hairline intact though there's a bald patch that's been getting bigger and thinner for about three years now, maybe the size of a golf ball. The crown is staring to thin though really not concern now but I'm sure it will be. Any suggestions as to treament for this situation, is this considered "diffused thinning?"

Stokes

Established Member
Reaction score
I have the same thing. I got diagnosed with Persistent Telogen Effluvium.

Doctor dosn't really know what to do about it. He gave me a few ideas like eat healthy and he also gave me some steriods.

Good luck at finding the cure mate. If you find it then please let me know!!

johnnycash

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. I dont think I heve Telogen Effluvium as I did the test last night and didnt pull any hairs out. I honestly dont know where my hair goes, it aint in the showere or on my pillow, just some in my comb. Oh well. Anyways I'm gonna do something about it and I'm thinking the minoxonil, is 5% available in Canada? Or am I better of with one of these topicals along with procar? Can I get procar over the net without a presription? Currently I'm using "thicker fuller hair" as a shampoo though I'm thinking its just a gimmick. Any suggestions as to a type of shampoo to use?

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I recomend finasteride over proscar. Proscar come in 5mg and it has to be cut down into 1.25mgs

Kramer3

Established Member
Reaction score
I recomend finasteride over proscar. Proscar come in 5mg and it has to be cut down into 1.25mgs

Read what you just said. finasteride is an ingredient in proscar not a brand name. If you meant that you recommend propecia over proscar I'd have to wonder why you would recommend that. By cutting down proscar into 4ths or 5ths your able to save lots of money.

Johnny Cash: In order to get minoxidil 5% you'll have to go to a derm and ask him to give you a perscription for it. A pharmacist will then make it for you. They don't sell it retail here, only 2%.

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
fine finpecia :evil:

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Stokes said:
I have the same thing. I got diagnosed with Persistent Telogen Effluvium.
I hate to say this, but there is no such thing as persistent Telogen Effluvium. Its a contradiction in terms. If you've got thinning hair that has lasted 6+ months, you are most likely experiencing male pattern baldness. The good news is you can use Propecia to stop it. If you had "persistent Telogen Effluvium" there isn't a thing you could do about it. Propecia wouldn't work.

HairLossTalk.com

johnnycash

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys though can I not buy the minoxidil 5% through the web? I tired looking at the forum with regards to where people buy stuff, not much on there for Canycks though. Maybe I'll start a new thread in that section.

johnnycash

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello Mr Hairloss, pleasure to make your acquaintence. I dont think I have Telogen Effluvium at all though I'd trade the bald patch at the front for a receeding hairline anyday. From what I've read though I think minoxidil has a better chance working on a thinning patch than a receeding hairline. I think I'm gonna go with the minoxidil 5% along with procar. Still having trouble finding the right shampoo though and how to get this stuff in Canada.

Stokes

Established Member
Reaction score
It seems the most recommended shampoo on here is Nizoral. Get it at the chemist.

I'll have to talk to my dermatologist about that diagnosis.

NilesTilden

Established Member
Reaction score
Many Canucks get generic 5% minoxidil from ebay. Some sellers don't ship to Canada, so read their item descriptions to be sure you buy from one who does. Many also use 'buy it now' so you don't have to wait for the auction to end. Usually it's around 30-$35 for a 4 month supply.

If generic minoxidil or rogaine dry too slow or cause you excessive flaking/itch/rritation, you can order Dr.Lee's fast drying minoxidil from http://www.minoxidil.com. Dr.Lee uses less propylene glycol (30% not 50% like others) in his minoxidil, that means faster drying, and for many, less flakes/irritation. Since yoou're outside the US, you don't have to pay Lee's $20 consultation fee before ordering.

Strahinja Pandur

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a hole in the middle in front, now i've had it for 4 years. I tryd pulling it, but i get 1 or none. I'm scared