*Hair Falls Out Loads Each Day Constantly! Advice....

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hi guys, i used to be on propercia last year, 1mg a day, for about 3 months, and i started minoxidil at the same time. Seriously now, i saw my hair thicken up considerably in those 3 months. i stopped it due to some sides for about 4 months, but CONTINUED taking minoxidil.

About 6 weeks ago, i started back up on propecia, but 0.5mg a day, as io have read alot of things saying half dose is just as effective. Throughout this whole time i continue to take minoxidil twice a day without fail.

Anyway, for like months now, my hair falls out loads when i wash it, when i apply minoxidil, when i style my hair, everything. whats that about?
it seems that most hairs in this time have been THICK ONES. I dont think this is a shed though. Its really getting me down.

What do you guys think? I have been washing my hair bout 6 times a week, nizoral twice a week, and baby shampoo the remaining!

cheers.

Lorenzo_91

Established Member
Reaction score
I think that you should get on Propecia and take it on an empty stomach.

I mean it, what sides did you have? You will probably outgrow the sides in 45 days max because they will work through faster by taking a direct shot to the blood stream of finasteride everyday. Then never quit. You'll be fine, It depends right, as long as you are definitively not in the 2% (do you think you are) but preferably not in the lower 10% of the sides spectrum.

It's just how long it takes to adapt if you don't fall in that category. Human body is the single most adaptable organism.

I wake up in the early Am and take it, go back to sleep.

Or go on Revivogen since you are so good with the applications.

dutasteride every five days but maybe a worse shed.

Definitively you have some options. Excellent.

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
didnt u read my thing, i am taking 0.5mg a day propecia now.

thanks for the reply.

Daved

Reaction score
I notice that I lose some har with 0.5mg finasteride.

Go back to 1mg if you can. Sadly my body can't handle more than 0.5mg.

Johnny24601

Experienced Member
Reaction score
re:

You are shedding. Without consistently taking the same does for a year, you cannot conclude much of anything.
For what it's worth, I had some bad sides at 1 mg and dropped dosage to 0.8 mg and things have been fine.

G

Andrew,

You know that normally the human head will shed about 100 hairs a day anyways right? Are you certain more than this is coming out now? You said you've only been on minoxidil for 3 months, perhaps this is just another minor cycle of shedding from minoxidil? I don't know if this happens or if it's just that initial shed you'll get? Though you're not supposed to even notice any REAL results until about 8-12 months into it. You might want to consider switching towards Spectral DNC for your minoxidil, if finances are a concern you can use it in the evening. Perhaps you can even bump out kirkland when you finish it for Rogaine Foam in the mornings as you can get this pretty cheaply on ebay. The foam produced results in 85% of those who used it during clinical trials, and it's reported that the foam delivery method increases absorption (as do the Spectral's nanosome delivery method) compared to the old liquid formulas.

If you *THINK* you are noticing sides on 0.5mg still than don't stop the finasteride, but at the first sign of any sides start reducing your dosage to 0.25mg. 0.25mg is up to 90% as effective as 1mg and since the sides are do blocking 5AR you might be right along that edge where a slight (90% compared 100%) reduction in the blocking of this enzyme will stop your sides.