hair dye for unpigmented and vellous hairs

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Guys:
I know most of us have vellous/pigmented hairs when we start minoxidil. hopefully all of them will become terminal hairs (that way my entire scalp will be covered.. I am an optimist).
Do you think using a hair dye for these hairs will help? Reasons are:
1. My hair from the sides ( a part of which I use for combover) is much thicker, longer and darker than these vellous hairs. So making these vellous hairs darker should help in minimizing the contrast
2. Hair dyeing is likely to increase the thickness of these thin/baby/vellous hairs which could be a major plus even if the increase in the thickness is a tiny amount.

On the negative side though, this is likely to increase the difference in color between the scalp and the vellous hairs, so more scalp might show.
has anyone tried this? what are your thoughts?
Will a hair salon do this?

smudge

Established Member
Reaction score
I use Just for Men. Works very well as a thickening agent, and it's very easy to apply.

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I use Just for Men. Works very well as a thickening agent, and it's very easy to apply.
smudge,
thanks for your reply.
can you help me? where is it available? walmart ? what does the label say? just for men hair dye?

GeminiX

Reaction score
I regularly have my hair dyed, it *really* helps darken the vellus and fine light hairs, not to mention the amount of grey hair I have. It's also a great way to measure which areas are growing fastest.

D

smudge

Established Member
Reaction score
techprof said:
smudge said:
smudge,
thanks for your reply.
can you help me? where is it available? walmart ? what does the label say? just for men hair dye?

it's probably available at any drug store. i ordered it from drugstore.com

I actually got mixed up, I've never used Just for Men. The product I use is called Men's Choice. It's probably the same stuff though.