Hair cloning information confusing!!

mr_xxxplosive

Reaction score
I been reading that guys with NW7 can have a full head of hair again with hair cloning but others sites say it isn't so and other places I read it'll be about 10-20 years until it'll come out and others say in about 5...so what's the deal here?

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I doubt it will be anytime soon.... I don't think "they" want it to come out as then no body will buy drugs such as propecia and rogaine... "They" want people to be hooked on monthly treatments as it brings in more money...

Last time I heard, the cloning technique was working great but the hair were white... I would be more than happy to dye them black once a month rather than take 2-3 different types of drugs everyday....

mr_xxxplosive

Reaction score
But my other question is if hair cloning comes out can it really give extensively bald men with full heads of hair again?

Re75

Reaction score
mj9 said:
I doubt it will be anytime soon.... I don't think "they" want it to come out as then no body will buy drugs such as propecia and rogaine... "They" want people to be hooked on monthly treatments as it brings in more money...

Last time I heard, the cloning technique was working great but the hair were white... I would be more than happy to dye them black once a month rather than take 2-3 different types of drugs everyday....

I use to think like that. I use to think the hair transplant industry would hold back follicle multiplication but I called a guy's radio show called the Bald Truth and he really convinced me this method will be welcomed with open arms over hair transplants. The incentives for a cosmetic procedure without serious risk and surgery like a transplant would attract a lot more people to try it as a solution for their hairloss, easier for the doctors to administer as well, not to mention it could cost up to 10 grand a pop at first. Bottomline if Intercytex were to be ready to release this to Bosley tomorrow even they wouldn't probably muck it up but maybe just overcharge...the hair transplant industry as a whole will evolve to Follicle Multiplication when the time comes. The question is how long will it be before it becomes something a local doctor's checkup can offer and they stop holding exlcusive rights to it if it really is full-proof...but we won't be alive by then probably, thats truly going into the future. Remember, drugs like propecia when HM first comes out will still be mandatory alongside the treatment probably, especially because of the fickle chances of fully restoring front hair diffusion.

Petchsky

Reaction score
I also think, to begin with especially, H/T Dr's will still be needed to create a natural hairline. There line of work will evolve, not become extinct.

monitoradiation

Established Member
Reaction score
dudemon wrote:
I personally think that a lot of the whole cloning thing is a lot of hype - paid for by either the hair transplant industry and/or the pharmacuetical industry.

Ya, there may be some R&D going on from Follica's latest $11 mil grant. Honestly that's not a lot of money - it's POCKET CHANGE! If they really thought they had something - there would be venture capitalists lined up down the block and around the corner - eager to plop down a few BILLION $$ - easy! No problem!

Is that happening in the "HM cutting edge"? No way!

Think about it: If they can keep us bald guys thinking that the cure is just "a few years away," we are more likely to spend MONEY on trying to keep what we got now.

That means more $$ for the hair transplant business, and more $$ for the hairloss drug companies. It's all about keeping the "postitive vibe" going - that HM is "just right around the corner." :jackit:

I've seen several Follica blogs that obviously have "paid shills" on there to "keep the positive vibe going"...HHHMMMMMMM..... :jackit:

To prove this - I have posted "negative vibe" posts on their blog. It doesn't matter what time of day or night or day of the week - a few of the same "positive vibe" shills will IMMEDIATELY chime in - and change the subject and desperately try to return the fake "positive vibe" back to the blog. Always the same shills too.

I mean - it's real obvious! .... HHHHMMMMMM ...... :whistle:[\quote]

Actually, if they get people to believe that a miracle cure is really around the corner, I'd think the profits that the hairloss drug companies get will be unchanged because people would have an equal chance of:

1) Trying to save up the money they would be using for finasteride,. etc towards getting the cure;
2) Managing their existing hair so that when the cure does come around they have a good chance of needing less and thus paying less.

If you think that people who're on a regimen that costs less than 100 dollars a month and is working for them will ditch it for hope and chance in a procedure that will probably cost astronomical amounts of money, you might be wrong. People want certainty more than hope, I would say. People whose regimen didn't work out or never bothered trying will likely buy into the hype, but others who is proactive about prevention, has a proven regimen will still do whatever it is necessary before that hope becomes a reality.

Follica is a bit different from HM; I have more hope for Follica at the moment, but I'm still not going to stop preventive measures. The better your hair is, the easier it is to cure by the time a cure comes around.