hair change from root to tip

phish

Established Member
Reaction score
i was examing a few hairs today and you can see where propecia kicked in because hallf the hair is whitish and thin and the other half towards the root is alot thicker and black, anyone else notice this being on propecia? hairs were about 2 inchs long one inch white and thin other inch gradually getin thicker and black to root, im guessing this is a good sighn because if the hairs were miniaturizing it would be the other way around.

antonio666

Reaction score
would it not be thinner at the root and thicker at the other end ,surely if it is thinner at the end of the hair ,this can only be bad

bubka

Reaction score
antonio666 said:
would it not be thinner at the root and thicker at the other end ,surely if it is thinner at the end of the hair ,this can only be bad
newsflash, hair grows from the root, if it is thicker at the root, then at the tip, and you can observer this in multiple hairs, obviously there is a change that you could attribute to propecia

antonio666

Reaction score
hair grows from the root,what so if the root end is thick and the other end is thin that is good news,i'm confused?

phish

Established Member
Reaction score
it would make sense to me because the end of the hair is the oldest part of hair and pre propecia then towards middle it changes color and size. put it this way your root is the youngest part of your hair not the tip i think your confused.

bubka

Reaction score
yeah, you would want the newest hair, the hair towards the root, to be thicker, once the hair grows from the root, it is dead, representing the conditions when it was made, you would want thicker hair at the root

how can you get confused about that?

rptiffany

Reaction score
phish, i have noticed the same thing as well. how long after you noticed this did you notice an overall thickening of your hair? i probably noticed thicker roots two weeks ago but haven't seen a change in my overall hair thickness

RaginDemon

Reaction score
if the roots are thicker than the tips, it SHOULD be a good sign.

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a good sign buddy. I hope it all goes well for you. How long you been on Propecia?