Had A Free Transplant Consultation Today. Are Any Uk Clinics Worth Their Salt?

Johnt1997

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had a day off work so i took up the offer of a free consultation in Edinburgh for ‘The UK Hair Transplant Clinic’. I couldn't resist the offer of a free chat, the microscope of my hair and a graft quotation. I know hair transplants can be cheaper in Europe but this was just a consultation

I spoke to a woman and she was nice enough(obviously) but said a couple strange things about fighting hairloss and was a bit ignorant about upcoming treatments - then again, most doctors are so i wasnt surprised. Anyway, she quoted me at 4800 for 1500 grafts to fill in my hairline, said they couldnt touch crown as liable to fail due to thickness of hair surrounding thin area. She said the doctor they used was leading fue surgeon in the UK

I will not be getting a hair transplant until 2019 at the earliest, if I ever do decide to get one, as I need to do more research and want to hold fire and monitor news on upcoming treatments. Has anyone on this board ever been to the UK hair transplant clinic? what is your overriding impression of them?

They have lots of positive online reviews but they also dont hide negative ones which is a good sign

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Few and far between in the UK, I would look abroad you will get more bang for your buck/pound.

Nimatus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can't touch crown, what is point then. Some people refuse to use finasteride, so Need crown and hairline filled.

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If they are not willing to do the crown then definitely head over to Turkey/Belgium. The will have you coming back time after time in the UK otherwise.