h-man's story

h-man

Reaction score
Started to slowly lose my hair in my mid 20s, I'm in my late 20s now. At first I shaved my head and I accepted it but I'm hoping I can do something about it now. Is it too late for me to try rogaine, I'm current on propecia (7 months) and it seems to be have halted my hairloss.

52057888214.jpg

I don't expect full restoration but a bit more thickness would be nice.

cook'n'milkies

Established Member
Reaction score
It's never too late man, the treatments DO work. Give it an honest year. What have you got to lose really?

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
Re: Need Advice - is it too late for me

Not too late, give it a try. My loss is not quite as advanced as yours, but it's darn close. Check out my intro. I'm optimistic because I've responded well in the past. You may be the same.

h-man said:
Started to slowly lose my hair in my mid 20s, I'm in my late 20s now. At first I shaved my head and I accepted it but I'm hoping I can do something about it now. Is it too late for me to try rogaine, I'm current on propecia (7 months) and it seems to be have halted my hairloss.

52057888214.jpg

I don't expect full restoration but a bit more thickness would be nice.

Britannia

Reaction score
Hi. It certainely isnt too late to start Minoxidil to try and get some regrowth. Propecia should ensure that you keep the hair youve got at right now. What shampoo do you use?

h-man

Reaction score
No special shampoo, is there something I should be using?

Newbie question here - how does one apply Minoxidil? I just purchased a bottle of Rogaine and when I try to apply it with the droplet, it just rolls off my crown. Anyone got any tips.

God, I wish I'd try to stop this sooner :( Got a wedding to go to in 6 months, this will be first time everyone sees my bald pathetic head :bigcry:

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
Use your fingertip to spread it around the affected area before it has a chance to run off. It takes a little practice but is easy once you get the hang of it.

Make sure to wash the residue off your hands afterwards.

h-man said:
Newbie question here - how does one apply Minoxidil? I just purchased a bottle of Rogaine and when I try to apply it with the droplet, it just rolls off my crown. Anyone got any tips.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
Should'ves and Could'ves..... you're doing something now and should feel good about that.

You never know how you'll respond. There's a couple fellows on here who have had very positive results within a few months. Just give it a shot and you may be surprised. Although you're quite thin, you don't have any totally slick[/] bald areas. Slick areas are generally the most difficult to treat. My guess is that you'll have some success. Keep us posted!

h-man said:
God, I wish I'd try to stop this sooner :( Got a wedding to go to in 6 months, this will be first time everyone sees my bald pathetic head :bigcry: