GYNO OR NOT ! Need immediate attention

NicholasLim

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi , i have been on 1/8th Proscar for 13 days and my nippples start to feel itchy as if there is someone tickling it all the time from day 11 or so , i am wondering if this is gyne ?

i dont feel any pain at all and the nipples looks the same to me.

Any pro give me some advice pls

BALD IS BEAUTIFUL

Established Member
Reaction score
NicholasLim said:
Hi , i have been on 1/8th Proscar for 13 days and my nippples start to feel itchy as if there is someone tickling it all the time from day 11 or so , i am wondering if this is gyne ?

i dont feel any pain at all and the nipples looks the same to me.

Any pro give me some advice pls
do not worry it will fade up in coming days,but keep an eye on progress.I also experienced pain in balls when i started finast but now everything is under control.

NicholasLim

Established Member
Reaction score
I need more opinion ... now it's like one side of the nipple hardens ( it's like how ur nipples are when u are shivering ) all the time .

Does this indicates gynecomastia , if that's the case i guess i have to stop taking finasteride

NicholasLim

Established Member
Reaction score
hey i dunno what to do now , i dont even noe whether i should take my 1/8th proscar today , need immediate attention please

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You aren't going to grow breasts within a month.. just chill out and give your hormones some time to settle down.

BEHMESH

Established Member
Reaction score
i got puffy nipples with propecia in less than 2 weeks on the drug and stopped right away and they're still there, 3 months after quitting.

NicholasLim

Established Member
Reaction score
OMFG , i am so scared right now . i stopped the drug for one day and my nipples feel better now , but once in a while ( quite often ) i still feel itchiness on my right nipple . Are you in the same situation or you only get puffy nipples.

NicholasLim

Established Member
Reaction score
THx for the replies , i need confirmation on these :

If i continue on 1/8th proscar per day and try to endure the itchness , is there a high possibilty of the itchiness dissapearing after perhaps a month or so.

If i feel itchiness on my nipple i nvr felt before taking this drug, does that mean that it is gyno?

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Lets not rule out the fact that some men get gyno whether they would have taken proscar or not. Then, if they do happen to be on proscar its the drug that gets blamed, even if the person would have gotten gyno anyways.

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
I got gyno from propecia. It started out as itchiness and eventually my nipples started burning and I could tell my chest was getting larger after 5 months of taking it ( it's hard to tell at first because it happens slowly). Fortunately about 3 weeks after I quit taking it, the burning quit and my chest went back to normal. If your nipples start itching, I would think there is a high probability that you are developing it.

In response to WoW, I think it is silly to say that people who get gyno would have gotten it regardless of the drug. If you get gyno, it virtually always happens during puberty. If you get big tits because you are fat, that is not gyno. So, if you are 20 years old and start getting gyno, I think it is safe to assume it is because of the finasteride, unless, you are about a decade late in going through puberty.

wiwiw1212

Reaction score
Optimist said:
In response to WoW, I think it is silly to say that people who get gyno would have gotten it regardless of the drug. If you get gyno, it virtually always happens during puberty. If you get big tits because you are fat, that is not gyno. So, if you are 20 years old and start getting gyno, I think it is safe to assume it is because of the finasteride, unless, you are about a decade late in going through puberty.

Agreed. It would be very odd for someone to develop gynecomastia post-puberty, unless they were on a medication that tampered with hormone levels.