Gyno listed as a side effect on oral minoxidil, some one knows why?? also better skin??

lukedorian

Reaction score
Hello, the thing is when i stop topical minoxidil and only using it at 2% (5% gives me terrible side effects) for several years, almost inmediately i notice better skin on my face specially forehead and under eyes, so i started oral minoxidil 1 mg every day some days ago (stopped topical the same day i started topical) and i was kinda afraid it would turn out to be worse than topical regarding skin side effects but to my surprise i see my skin still improves and i see no dark circles under my eyes, also less bloating on my face in the morning when i wake up.
Taking a look at the prospect i see gynecomastia listed as a possible side effect so i was just wondering if any one has gotten gyno or puffy nipples from oral minoxidil, wtf??

czecha

My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil is also an anti androgen

lukedorian

Reaction score
Minoxidil is also an anti androgen

Hello, thanks, anything on why skin kinda imporves on oral and worsens on topical, might be because of minoxidil sulfotrnasferase activity on skin???

czecha

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, thanks, anything on why skin kinda imporves on oral and worsens on topical, might be because of minoxidil sulfotrnasferase activity on skin???
no idea tbh, but I doubt oral minoxidil is doing your skin any favors either. most report worsened skin on it. so I wouldnt bet on it staying that way for you

lukedorian

Reaction score
no idea tbh, but I doubt oral minoxidil is doing your skin any favors either. most report worsened skin on it. so I wouldnt bet on it staying that way for you
Getting better and better, also noticing kinda more libido, i´m already on TRT, to put a perspective everytime i applied 5% minoxidil it felt like if i was holding a huge weight on my forehead also very enlarged pores on the fore head and dark under eye circles.
Over all i´m having a very good feeling on this and knowing i don´t have to apply that sh*t on my head is a bless, hair way more easy to style, still no shedding since i was just using 2% reduced 50% by adding redensyl

Ticken

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Getting better and better, also noticing kinda more libido, i´m already on TRT, to put a perspective everytime i applied 5% minoxidil it felt like if i was holding a huge weight on my forehead also very enlarged pores on the fore head and dark under eye circles.
Over all i´m having a very good feeling on this and knowing i don´t have to apply that sh*t on my head is a bless, hair way more easy to style, still no shedding since i was just using 2% reduced 50% by adding redensyl
Perhaps you have some interesting genetics and minoxidil is taking some atypical pathways?

Were you using 2% or 1% min topically?

Last edited:

czecha

My Regimen
Reaction score
maybe you are not metabolizing the minoxidil?

lukedorian

Reaction score
Would you mind clarifying the percentage of minoxidil you were using? Were you starting with a 5% minoxidil and creating a mixture to reduce the concentration to approx 2% minoxidil? Or did you start with 2% minoxidil and dilute it with redensyl to create a 1% minoxidil mixture?
Yes no problem, i started at 5% twice a day like 6 years ago, felt fatigue, no pumps at the gym and the worst part was skin on my face looking just awful at the same time i was using propecia 1 mg daily, was ignorant and did not know i could get away with way less dose only 3 times per week, when ever i had to stop the minoxidil for what ever reason, traveling, holidays etc i inmediately noticed the skin on my face started to clear up a lot.
Ok fast forward some years after that i switched to 1 cc/day while still on propecia, convinced that propecia played a big role i decided to switched to 2% and noticed better skin while using it, thing i never noticed while on 5%, even one time got the 10% from ninoxidil max and i just used it for a week it was by far th worst i ever felt besides it left my hait impossible toi style, at this point my hairloss was very stable to the point of getting appointment for hair transplant, it was a very mild procedure only 700 graft were implanted on hair line and mid scalp, 1 year later with the same treatment surgeon said my hair keeps the thickness so i begun mixxing 0.5 cc minoxidil to 0.5 cc redensyl to reduce even more the dose because even at 2% at some point i noticed i begun to feel skin related issues that quickly went away after stopping it for some days.
Still in the winter with humidity style the hair having to use topicals is just a nightmare, to the point of asking my self why do i want hair if i never can style it as i´d like
It has been like 25 days now more or less since i made the change to oral minoxidil i could not be more happy especially for the skin related issues, no dark under eye circles, no enlarged pores and i´m begining to think way better morning wood, i´m already on TRT very low dose only 90 mg test cypionate per week splitted into 3 injections.

lukedorian

Reaction score
maybe you are not metabolizing the minoxidil?
There is no chance of that, pharmaceutical product, no online crap and i migh notice a mild increase in resting heart rate, let´s say i usually have 55-65 bpm and now between 70-80, also still no shed