Gyno at 4 months? Admin..HairLossTalk.com? Anyone?

Sir_LagaLot

Established Member
Reaction score
into my 4th month on generic 1 mg finasteride.

since the last 4 days i've been experiancing this slight dull sort of pain on the left side of my chest. its a weird sensation.

I dont know how to tell if i'm going through the very first signs of gyno. I definitely have a little flab on my chest towards the lower peck on each side, but i had some of that before finasteride too... its from when i used to work out and then i left it, my chest went a bit flabby on me.

anyway...the pain is towards the left side, and now it looks weird to me too. the left side of my chest does not look the same as the right. its just a little 'droopier' towards the bottom.

my nipples are not bigger and have not puffed up. my shirt gives me no discomfort like some people with gyno complain of. i cant feel any lump.

how in the world do i tell if this is gyno for sure? any other signs? i cant feel any lumps . i dont want to wait till its obvious before i ditch finasteride.

what is breast tenderness btw?

Reaction score
i got some of the same exact questions that you do. i have been gaining weight and i am now the fattest i have ever been. i was on finasteride for about 3 years and i can recall that my nipples were itchy about 10 times or more over the three years and about 2 weeks ago my left nipple were sore but haven't felt it ever since or the itchiness. i was wondering if its gyno or fat deposits. i feel no lumps or pain or bleeding but i do have a big beer belly now.

Lessofarockstar

Established Member
Reaction score
It seems that finasteride might change body composition some what so it is important to stay in shape to keep your body fat percentage low. Loads of people claim that finasteride has made them gain weight. So it is possible that you guys are just gaining some fat and some of that fat might just be on your chest.
Furthermore there is an actual possibility of gyno when on finasteride. The chance is small however and I dont think it is very likely if you dont feel any irritation or discomfort. If you are worried you should have a doctor test your hormone levels. Especially estradiol (E2)which is the main responsible hormone in finasteride induced gyno.
I hope that can help.
Lessofarockstar