gynecomastia increase?

justin

Established Member
Reaction score
if someone has a very slight case of gyne and takes finasteride.. does this person have greater odds of increasing their case of gyne than someone just getting it who didn't already have it? any opinions?

Rage

Established Member
Reaction score
It will.. assuming the gyno was caused by hormone imbalance in the first place.

Rage

Established Member
Reaction score
I would have to say both.

If you have it already, it'll make it worse.

justin

Established Member
Reaction score
are you sure? i mean, i was thinking that maybe with a slight case the body has already adjusted to any imbalance and where you were at is were you would stay. possibly? you seem so certain, though.

also, say it did make it worse and you went ahead and got the surgery.. are you then much more prone to a relapse? in other words, if you get any sort of gyne from finasteride, have it removed, and continue taking the medication.. will the gyne just keep coming back? is it a lost cause?

should i just stick with rogaine and nioxin for frontal thinning? hasn't helped yet, only gotten worse. think i'm going through a shed..

SkylineGTR

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i'd think any raise in estrogen in your body would increase the chances or the severity. Your just throwing fuel on the fire.

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It's great to see people thinking. :roll:

If you have surgery to remove gyno, the chances of it coming back are greatly decreased. I've read many stories about people having gyno removal surgery in only one side of their chest. These same people then run many cycles of steroids, get gyno again, but only on the side that did not have gyno removal surgery.

All that to say, gyno surgery will permanently remove gyno in most cases, even if you keep using what gave you gyno in the 1st place. Though, if you have a bad Doctor and he leaves some gyno in place, then, yes, you can definitely get gyno again.

justin

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks, harie. that answers my question. i'm sorta of the same mind, as far as that goes.. at least it eases a few worries. i just also imagined a scenario where "if one is prone to gyno (despite the fact that it may not return naturally after surgery), any fuel added to the fire, as skyline so eloquently put it, could cause a relapse of the gyno."

i may cautiously give finasteride a shot, and just keep a close eye on things.

SkylineGTR

Experienced Member
Reaction score
if your that worried just take something like tamoxifen a few times a week to combat it.

I have an bunch sitting in reserve just in case something like that happens.

justin

Established Member
Reaction score
just as a slight peripheral, there are some serious claims about the "evils" of propecia and other anti-androgens on the gynecomastia.org discussion boards. it'd be interesting to hear some of the members of this board and some of them duke it out in some serious debate over this stuff.

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
justin said:
what is tamoxifen and where can i get it?

is it very expensive?

Technically, Tamoxoxifen (Nolvadex) is a breast cancer treatment. But it's used to block estrogen. Bodybuilders run it after a cycle of steroids to keep from getting gyno. IE Tamox keeps estrogen levels from spiking.

You may also want to give Raloxifene a try too...It's a Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulator (SERM), meaning, it binds to estrogen receptors.

Though, Tamox is definitely cheaper than Ralox.

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
justin said:
where can i get them?

Just do a google search for "Tamoxifen no prescription".

Established Member
Reaction score
Tamoxifen did jackshit all to help my gyno -

come to think of it nothing helped reverse what 3 weeks of dutasteride did to my tits (this includes an almost completed course of rebound reloaded).

Tried bucket loads of DIM tablets in conjunction with omega 3's like flaxseed oil, flax lignans etc - they did f#$k all as well...

Only thing for Gyno I think I've missed is Raloxifene - wish I'd used this with rebound reloaded.

Anyways in a month or so I'm doing another Rebound course and will top it up with DIM and Raloxifene to see if I can melt away some of this unwated tit tissue....

good luck mate -