guys I made the plunge...

chieftain

Reaction score
I finally said F**k it and went on finasteride...I have been on minoxidil for about 15 months 2% and on nizoral for about 6. I finally think its do or die (shave head),,I have been nervous about the finasteride since I here all the horror stories..Today Sunday the 21st of March I said what the f*ck. I cut the finasteride in 1 mg each and took just now.
Do you guys think I made the right decision or should I not take my chances??

jblig

Established Member
Reaction score
The risks are minimal and subside......its worth the chance if it has a positive effect on your hair...me Im on month 7 with nothing to show for it........

Cassin

Reaction score
chieftain said:
I finally said F**k it and went on finasteride...I have been on minoxidil for about 15 months 2% and on nizoral for about 6. I finally think its do or die (shave head),,I have been nervous about the finasteride since I here all the horror stories..Today Sunday the 21st of March I said what the f*ck. I cut the finasteride in 1 mg each and took just now.
Do you guys think I made the right decision or should I not take my chances??

Sure some people have legit problems with finasteride, there is no doubt. But not as much as is made on these type of sites. When people are stressed and depressed about a situation they tend to exagerrate. Not intentionally, but they do. Sometimes you get someone saying they are having tons of sides and then they post later that all is well. Or sometimes they dissapear and we never hear from them again. People just make irrational evaluations on all aspects of themselves when they are using treatments for their body. For many of these guys, this is their first ever medication they have ever taken. And some don't handle that well mentally..........at all.

Just relax and take your meds and see what happens. More than likely you made a perfectly safe decision. Good luck to you, keep us updated and do your best to not panic if for some reason you do get a few sides. More than likely if you do, they will go away and you will extend how long you have hair.

Axon

Reaction score
You made the right choice. As Cassin has indicated, a lot of the reports your hear are typical internet hyperbole.

Try it and make the decision for yourself.

guy83

Established Member
Reaction score
I started yesterday. when does somebody start shedding from Propecia? after 3 months? I wanna know.
thanks

hopewas

Reaction score
after a few days. and if your shed is anything as bad as mine,..i hope you have as much hair as i did when i started to afford letting it shed. that's just me though

Axon

Reaction score
You could have hopewas' situation, or you could have mine and never experience a shed.

bombscience

Reaction score
GOOD WORK! I hate hearing people who don't give finasteride a chance. To tell you the truth I hopped on it without even thinking twice. I knew that even in the remote chance that I had side effects, they would pass when i discontinued the drug. Anyone who doesn't try is just losing is just going balder sooner.

hopewas

Reaction score
i have no side effects by the way. hopefully the shedding stops soon and finasteride actually does something