Got my first hair system today...Is it supposed to look like this?

waino99

My Regimen
Reaction score
I ordered my first hair system from one of the more popular hair system online stores. I received it today and upon inspection, I was concerned about the way it looked in the crown and back of the head area. There are places where you can see through the system and the knots are really dark. Is this normal? Or do I need to send this back for a refund and try another store?
This is a full french lace unit, which is supposed to last like 4 months. If it loses much hair in the crown, i can't see this lasting more than a month, no?
hair-2.jpg
hair-3.jpg

hair-1.jpg

J_D_R

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, it seems to be the new normal for stock systems. The factories only seem to be bleaching the front hairlines now. Unfortunately, the one you have received also appears to have been knotted in a very precise and uniform grid pattern which just adds to the obviousness.

Blue eyes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That looks awful. I feel for you. Where's the quality control with these companies. Please enlighten us so we dont order from this company. It's a blatant error and how dare them even send something like this out.

Mystery411

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s not normal, and you should demand a refund or a new unit. I’ve been rocking a French lace system for the last 8 months, and even its crown looks fuller. I’ll easily get another 4-6 months out of it. Your system is only usable if you have no other option, and you are willing to use toppik to make the crown a little less pluggy looking.

hairhelp777

My Regimen
Reaction score
To be brutally honest, hopefully in a constructive way, it's incredibly thin at the back. The dark knots aren't the biggest problem - more importantly there is simply not enough hair. I'd suggest using some type of concealer or even maybe gluing hair to cover up the lace/fabric that is showing (if that's even possible?).

It kind of defeats the point of the hair system to have it so obviously showing at the back. Ideally I'd try to get a better one asap.

Last edited:

J_D_R

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s not normal, and you should demand a refund or a new unit. I’ve been rocking a French lace system for the last 8 months, and even its crown looks fuller. I’ll easily get another 4-6 months out of it. Your system is only usable if you have no other option, and you are willing to use toppik to make the crown a little less pluggy looking.
How can you possibly get 12-14 months out of a French lace system? What style are you wearing it in? How long do you leave each attachment on? How often do you wash it?

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
It really only matters what it looks like on your scalp. You should dry fit the system, take a hand mirror, and see how it looks.

waino99

My Regimen
Reaction score
That looks awful. I feel for you. Where's the quality control with these companies. Please enlighten us so we dont order from this company. It's a blatant error and how dare them even send something like this out.
This was a system from LordHair. I ordered a second one, but it has the same issues. That's why I was wondering if this is normal. A few mentioned it would look better when put on skin, but I just have a hard time seeing how much better it could be, especially in the crown area. I'll probably return it.

waino99

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks, may I ask who you ordered from?