got a question here guys

new guy

Reaction score
am i going to lose more hair my first 3 months into finpecia?? from what ive seen from this message board, seems like everyone loses more hair from the first 3months into finpecia before they steadly see increase after the first 3 month period.. or is just for certain people??

lithebod

Established Member
Reaction score
from what ive been reading shedding hair in the first 3 months seems to be a possibility rather then a certainty - Ive just started propecia too (4 days in) and you will read posts where people say they get sheds and others where they say they don't - my approach is - expect the worst and that way if it doesnt happen then you will be pleased rather then get depressed while its happening - I hope I can follow my own advice if/when it happens to me!

jeffsss

Reaction score
I'm over the 3 month threshold for propecia.. it hasnt slowed my hair down at ALL!!!!!!

it seems as if it's accelerated my male pattern baldness.. but hey.. i'm just one person.

Britannia

Reaction score
You need to give Propecia 12 months before you start deciding whether or not it is helping you. Its perfectly normal to experience a shed after starting Propecia, even upto 3 months in. I had a bad shed which started about 3 weeks after my first pill, it lasted about a week then stopped pretty much overnight. Weird. Having said that having a shed with Propecia is possible not certain. After all is said is done 83% success rate is still 83% success rate.

Milks

Reaction score
I'm 5 months in and still shedding although it has slowed. Quite a few people report heavy shedding for the first 4-5 months, then slowing and then another heavy shed 9 months in which then passes again the first year is a bit of a rollercoaster but like Britannia said, you've got to try and reserve judgement until that first year passes, is completely normal

Dinzy

Established Member
Reaction score
And others report shedding 6-8 months in and still have sucess. Bottom line is you need to wait a year or more to see if the drug is really helping