good results already, but...

person_123

Established Member
Reaction score
i've only been on finasteride for one month, but i seem to have noticed my hair thickening up quite a bit. it may be all in my mind, but i like this feeling, i don't worry about my hair as much, because i think it looks ok now.

i know i posted before about gyno, but now i've realised there is no constant pain in my chest, so i don't have it.

i definately have noticed my nipples getting more puffy though. this is not a delusion. my question is: will this side effect go away? i can live with puffy nipples, they don't hurt, they're not irritating, and not very noticeable. but i'd rather live without them if you know what i mean?

so. will this side effect go away? and if so, how long before it does go away? and if i stop finasteride, it will definately go away right? (i'm not scarring myself in the long run?)

another note: even though finasteride is not known to regrow hair at temples, i've seen small hairs around that area. i know it's not great thick hairs, but there is definately noticeable amounts of thin little hairs there. is this possible?

edit to post: i just took some more pictures, it seems my initial thoughts were wrong. i seem to have gotten thinner on top. this is odd. is there any reason why pictures would show less density on top? (other than the fact that i'm losing more hair). because i don't want to believe i'm losing more hair. i want to believe i'm regrowing lost hairs. could it be because my hair is longer? or what is it?

gtorres

Reaction score
Hey 123 ive been on finasteride from INHouse for about the same time now and i see the same thing as you...?
Small hairs but thats all they are at the moment very small.

I also did get lighter on Top, i had not noticed untill i got my haircut yesterday. I'm a bit worried right now i just hope the finasteride starts to work soon. :cry:

person_123

Established Member
Reaction score
guess you got none of that chubby nipple side though hey?

yeah, my top is definately thinned out a bit. been half a month since pictures. hair couldn't have grown so much that it parts at bald spot now.

when i take pictures, i ruffle it up the same way, same room, same chair, same lighting.

just looks thinner now. very depressing when i see something like this.

whatever happens, i'm just going to stick with finasteride for now, hopefully this thin point is a result of a shed, which will sprout many more hairs.

for the people who have been on finasteride for ages now, and gotten regrowth. what would you say my current condition is? normal? or a bit bleak? did you go through a thin period too before things really picked up?

i ask again about the side too. will it go away?

RSG

Reaction score
Ive been on/off propecia over the last few months. I got lump behind my left nipple and slight throbbing pain. Ive cut the dose down to .5mg. My Doctor says not to worry about the gyno. Hope his right!

bubka

Reaction score
your hair is not thickening up yet

i don't know about the "puffy nipples" just people mention it as a possible side, and then others repeat it...

person_123

Established Member
Reaction score
Damn it, I thought my hair was already thickening up. Good news though, as I can still expect regrowth, whilst being quite content with how I am now.

Nizoral has arrived, 2%. I'll start using that soon. It's not prescription strength is it? Because I didn't need a prescription for it.