good gyno surgeon un th UK.

Weepy

Established Member
Reaction score
tommo said:
Can anyone recommend one?
Cheers

I'm sorry you're going through that. But let me say that surgery will not solve Propecia-induced gyno. You will have to stop treatment if that is the case. I'm very sorry about that.

BTW, I did not see your regimen in your Regimen button. So I don't know if you're taking propecia.

Thinning

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I thought the surgery removed the breast tissue that was sensitive to estrogen - so it is THE permanent solution.

jeffsss

Reaction score
Thinning said:
I thought the surgery removed the breast tissue that was sensitive to estrogen - so it is THE permanent solution.

thats what i though too. ???

Weepy

Established Member
Reaction score
Not to be argumentative, but I don't believe that removal of all of a man's breast tissue is a real option. This might be what would ultimately happen; successive breast reduction surgeries just so I could stay on finasteride. If I were to consider surgery, I would rather focus on the problem and get a hair transplant, and not a breast reduction. JMO.

Thinning

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I dont want to argue either, but it doesent sound you know what you are talking about. Its not a breast reduction, its a breast removal, a mastectomy. Breast reduction is when they remove some fatty tissue of the breast.

The removal of finasteride will most likely not elliminate the gyno anyhow, although some drugs may reduce it.

Weepy

Established Member
Reaction score
Thinning said:
I dont want to argue either, but it doesent sound you know what you are talking about. Its not a breast reduction, its a breast removal, a mastectomy. Breast reduction is when they remove some fatty tissue of the breast.

The removal of finasteride will most likely not elliminate the gyno anyhow, although some drugs may reduce it.

I didn't realize it was a masectomy. My mistake.

At any rate, I think we agree that stopping finasteride is the solution.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
Weepy said:
tommo said:
Can anyone recommend one?
Cheers

I'm sorry you're going through that. But let me say that surgery will not solve Propecia-induced gyno. You will have to stop treatment if that is the case. I'm very sorry about that.

BTW, I did not see your regimen in your Regimen button. So I don't know if you're taking propecia.

uhhhh... obviously surgery will solve propecia induced gyno. do you think it will regenerate itself!?

but my next question is, tommo are you sure you have gyno?

Weepy

Established Member
Reaction score
ShedMaster said:
uhhhh... obviously surgery will solve propecia induced gyno. do you think it will regenerate itself!?

What are you talking about? What will regenerate? I am talking about options. Cutting off your breasts to stop propecia-induced gyno is assinine when propecia-induced gyno can be reversed by simply stoping treatment. Would you rather cut off your tits and keep taking propecia, and risk further sides? Or would rather stop propecia and simply get a hair transplant? This is what I am talking about.

Again, the mechanism hinges on the androgen receptor. You could have crap load of DHT in your scalp and not be affected if there is no receptor to bind. Propecia itself does not directly address the pathology.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
lol.. weepy, I see you have been on this board a month. you are obviously well educated and a scholar amongst the hairloss experts. thank you for blessing us with your presence.

Weepy

Established Member
Reaction score
ShedMaster said:
lol.. weepy, I see you have been on this board a month. you are obviously well educated and a scholar amongst the hairloss experts. thank you for blessing us with your presence.

What does this mean?

All I'm saying is that if you focus on Propecia to the exclusion of all else, you lose perspective on how to treat hair loss. That's why I brought up the AR. There are other ways to get a solution. But I guess I was a bit obscure.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
my appologies as I realize that you have been on here for 15 days and not a month.

nonetheless, weepy I have posted so many a responses to questions like these that I have stopped getting into the morallity side of answering questions as they are just not worth it. if he thinks he has gyno then I answered his question accordingly. Its not my job to determine if he does infact have gyno. If he wants surgery to correct this then let him. How do you know that quiting finasteride will get rid of gyno?

Anyways if you want to sensationalize surgery of this nature with "cutting ones tits off" rather then removing the fatty tissue underneath the breast area, which is what it is, then I don't have the time nor energy to debate this. Good luck with your regimen.

tpeter

Established Member
Reaction score
Weepy said:
ShedMaster said:
my appologies as I realize that you have been on here for 15 days and not a month.

Pft. You still don't understand do you?

No dude you dont understand.

If he has true gyno which is breast tissue in his chest the only way to get rid of it is surgery. If its just starting and Fina is the cause then YES quiting may help.

Surgery for Gyno is simple and less then an hour, they open you up, remove the breast tissue and sow you back up giving you your manly look back.

Do some research before you open your mouth on this forum.

Weepy

Established Member
Reaction score
tpeter said:
If he has true gyno which is breast tissue in his chest the only way to get rid of it is surgery. If its just starting and Fina is the cause then YES quiting may help.

That's excatly what I'm saying. If he is taking propecia, and he's got gyno, then he should stop the propecia. I have been saying "Propecia-induced" gyno. I wasn't saying anything else.

tpeter

Established Member
Reaction score
Weepy said:
tpeter said:

That's excatly what I'm saying. If he is taking propecia, and he's got gyno, then he should stop the propecia. I have been saying "Propecia-induced" gyno. I wasn't saying anything else.

I hear you,

I just got the idea that when you said "cutting off your tits" you didnt know what gyno was.

You are not cutting anything off but rather removing tissue.