Going without foam

RichBot

Reaction score
Hi, everyone. I've been using Rogaine Foam, Finax, and 2% Nizoral for about two months and a half. I'm fortunate to be one of the great responders who has seen a drastic improvement in so little time. I'll put up pictures soon.

In a couple of weeks, I'll be going on a four day camping expedition which will make it impractical to apply the foam during that time. I'm wondering if those four days without the foam will hinder my progress in any way or if it's not a big deal at all.

badasshairday III

Established Member
Reaction score
its not big deal.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
RichBot said:
Hi, everyone. I've been using Rogaine Foam, Finax, and 2% Nizoral for about two months and a half. I'm fortunate to be one of the great responders who has seen a drastic improvement in so little time. I'll put up pictures soon.

In a couple of weeks, I'll be going on a four day camping expedition which will make it impractical to apply the foam during that time. I'm wondering if those four days without the foam will hinder my progress in any way or if it's not a big deal at all.

I go camping quite often too. And although I curtail some of my hair-regrowth-regimen activities, I usually find time to squeeze in some topicals. Take your foaM w/ u just in case you find yourself w/ an opportunity to use it.

If not, nahh, 4 days off won't be detrimental.

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yeah i agree with the dude above. you might as well take it just in case you find an opportunity to use it. (take the label off if you're worried about being caught!).

but from what i've read, skipping it for 4 days won't do any harm :)

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
People will think you're applying small amounts of mousse.

However, I must say that I habitually take small breaks from minoxidil, just to give my scalp a rest.

chr1s

Established Member
Reaction score
Yea man take the foam with u... the label comes off too if your like insecure about anyone knowing that ur using it... I take off the labels of mine.. it just looks like a bottle of mouse

lain

Established Member
Reaction score
I had a classmate of mine come over while we were working on an assignment and she asked to use the bathroom... a few days later I realised that I had a bottle of foam and liquid out on the sink. lol whatever, how much stuff do women do for their appearance. :lol:

retropunk

Established Member
Reaction score
RichBot said:

Four days is no big deal. Go have fun.

RichBot

Reaction score
I have no problem with people knowing I use Rogaine, but there are a few problems with applying it during the trip.

First, half of it is on the river in a canoe, so I'm sure my head will be getting wet frequently. That kind of defeats the purpose of putting it on or am I wrong? Second, the foam has a distinct smell as do most mouses and sprays, so I'm sure it would attract the bugs we all try to avoid. Last, I like to be near a mirror when applying since I'm a diffuse thinner and not only want to make sure the coverage is good, but would also need to comb my hair so it looks alright.

It seems by these posts that four days absent won't be a problem though. I'll, of course, still be taking finasteride.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
lain said:
I had a classmate of mine come over while we were working on an assignment and she asked to use the bathroom... a few days later I realised that I had a bottle of foam and liquid out on the sink. lol whatever, how much stuff do women do for their appearance. :lol:

I pretty much just leave mine on the sink, and I aint hiding it from nobody.