Going To Start Treatment - What Should Be First?

HNMB

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I finally decided to try treatment after my hairloss has gotten to the point where it's noticeable. I'm probably around a NW2 now with mainly temple recession. I'm also shedding a lot more than usual (from the sides and back too) and the whole top seems a bit thinner. The past year or two has been incredibly stressful as I'm dealing with loss and have had two surgeries, I wonder if that has to do with the shedding and thinning. I say this because I've been noticing some other strange things going on like extreme depression, low libido, brain fog...etc. I'll be getting blood work to further investigate that but I don't want to go off on a tangent about that.

I know for certain that my recession is due to male pattern baldness. I'm hesitant to get on finasteride because of the sides, especially with what's currently going on with me. I was thinking of Trinov, but it's too early to tell whether or not it's a snake oil. That leaves keto (which I heard is negligible), min, and dermarolling. I want to try the last two but not at the same time, as I want to add one thing at a time so I know what is effective and what is not. Min makes me slightly hesitant as I heard it's a pain to keep up, has little effect on the temples, and is bad for your skin. Is it worth giving dermarolling alone a try? What can I expect?

SuperDPAsteve

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There’s always research chems.. some are safer than finasteride