Going Through A Shed With Oral minoxidil....

jumpingjackgazz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

as titled, I'm going through a shed with Oral minoxidil..
I've been under oral minoxidil for a month now, 2.5mg/day taken at breakfast.

For those who went through the same good old shed, how long does it last and when did you get it ?
And off course.... for what result so far ?

ciao

jumpingjackgazz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have no personal experience but I'd say that's a good sign. Where are you getting the oral minoxidil from?

From thailandpharmacy, this one exactly :
https://www.thailandpharmacy.net/product/minoxidil-5-minoxidil-5-mg-100-tablets/

Regarding shed, I've seen on this youtube channel from hair surgery Doctor that, indeed, shed is a good sign (don't remember in whih video exactly sorry). they stated that minoxidil onced applied for topical or ingested for tablets, is kind of quick starting an anagen phase whih is popping up the existing hair creating the shed.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6Z6GxYsW9EdvnUjqpGIbQA

No one experiened this here ?

Attachments

• upload_2020-3-7_12-40-39.png
    upload_2020-3-7_12-40-39.png
    312 bytes · Views: 166

Dan_

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been on oral for 2 months now, after about 8 months on topical.

I take 5 mg, as this was the prescription I was given, would rather have tried on 2.5mg (I did split the capsules in half for the first 2 weeks to ease into it though.

I did get a shed which worried me but I also Havnt fully stopped topical. I find topical helps with scalp itch so use it once a day still which I probably shouldn’t be if taking oral...

But as I said I did notice a shed and not even sure if it’s fully stopped but think it has improved. My topical shed was pretty lengthy if I recall and oral is stronger so probably affecting more follicles that I wasn’t getting to with topical.

Also have hair in my arms and hands that wernt there before, having to use hair removal cream which sucks but at least it shows the minoxidil is working. Let’s hope it doing something on my head.

jumpingjackgazz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been on oral for 2 months now, after about 8 months on topical.

I take 5 mg, as this was the prescription I was given, would rather have tried on 2.5mg (I did split the capsules in half for the first 2 weeks to ease into it though.

I did get a shed which worried me but I also Havnt fully stopped topical. I find topical helps with scalp itch so use it once a day still which I probably shouldn’t be if taking oral...

But as I said I did notice a shed and not even sure if it’s fully stopped but think it has improved. My topical shed was pretty lengthy if I recall and oral is stronger so probably affecting more follicles that I wasn’t getting to with topical.

Also have hair in my arms and hands that wernt there before, having to use hair removal cream which sucks but at least it shows the minoxidil is working. Let’s hope it doing something on my head.

Hi Dan_,

thx for your reply !
Do you remember how long this shed last for the topical one and the oral ?
I've been facing it for 2 weeks now, and... that's bad...

Sorry, but english is not my mother language, when you say :
"But as I said I did notice a shed and not even sure if it’s fully stopped but think it has improved"
what has improved ? the shed ? so less shedding ?

I'm surprised not to see more feedback on oral minoxidil... I thought it was more commonly used.

ciao

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

as titled, I'm going through a shed with Oral minoxidil..
I've been under oral minoxidil for a month now, 2.5mg/day taken at breakfast.

For those who went through the same good old shed, how long does it last and when did you get it ?
And off course.... for what result so far ?

ciao
Can you you update? Currently on 5mg for 6 weeks and still shedding like a mad dog.

jumpingjackgazz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you you update? Currently on 5mg for 6 weeks and still shedding like a mad dog.
Hi,

I'm under 2.5 mg Oral minoxidil since begining of Feb'...
So,
month 0 : Nothing to report
month 1 : heavy shed
month 2 : shed stops
and since then : Regrowth ! :)

hair is more thicker and traction test gives almost 0 hair in my hand.
Very happy so far ! I followed the evolution also with USB microscope, I can see a lot of baby hair coming.
Don't know if they'll turn to terminal hair.
The war is sill not won but got this battle !

Hope this helps

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm under 2.5 mg Oral minoxidil since begining of Feb'...
So,
month 0 : Nothing to report
month 1 : heavy shed
month 2 : shed stops
and since then : Regrowth ! :)

hair is more thicker and traction test gives almost 0 hair in my hand.
Very happy so far ! I followed the evolution also with USB microscope, I can see a lot of baby hair coming.
Don't know if they'll turn to terminal hair.
The war is sill not won but got this battle !

Hope this helps
Nice. Thanks cor the reaction. What is the rest of your regime?

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score
I had straight regrowth for about 5-6
Months and now my hair is back to what it was/worse. Face is destroyed with fluid retention, tired as hell all the time.. all the small hairs that were growing towards my eye brows have all receded back too. I’ve been shedding now and returning to baseline , but at this pace I’m going to be worse than baseline.
Goodluck, this drug is TRASH

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had straight regrowth for about 5-6
Months and now my hair is back to what it was/worse. Face is destroyed with fluid retention, tired as hell all the time.. all the small hairs that were growing towards my eye brows have all receded back too. I’ve been shedding now and returning to baseline , but at this pace I’m going to be worse than baseline.
Goodluck, this drug is TRASH
Why did u stop it?