Going bald at 20 makes life looong

Mercury

Banned
Reaction score
I've been bald... like bald bald... for 5 years now. They have been the 5 longest most depressing years of my short life. And I look and see my grandma and grandpa in their 80's and I think to myself, Holy Cow, 60 more years of this??

My life was over at 20 years old. Baldness is like the slowest death imaginable.

Zeroman

Banned
Reaction score
grandma? female pattern baldness almost never goes to being totally bald. it usually just thins out on top

and how did you start? diffusing or receding? u started losing at 15?

Mercury

Banned
Reaction score
grandma? female pattern baldness almost never goes to being totally bald. it usually just thins out on top

and how did you start? diffusing or receding? u started losing at 15?

you idiot i was talking about my grandma/grandpas age not their hair. and i'm 25 i went bald at 20. diffused.

Zeroman

Banned
Reaction score
you idiot i was talking about my grandma/grandpas age not their hair. and i'm 25 i went bald at 20. diffused.
ok sorry i misread i thought you said you were 20 and have been bald for 5 years

i see what you are saying

thanks for the insult, here, i'll make your reputation red

B

Beingbaldsucksass

No wonder that most bald guys are angry people, I bet that there more bald guys in jail then non bald guys, yep cuz when you ain't got nothing to loss it dosent really matter

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
No wonder that most bald guys are angry people, I bet that there more bald guys in jail then non bald guys, yep cuz when you ain't got nothing to loss it dosent really matter
There is another poster with your name, minus the a$$ part... he's not bald either and I bet your 23 yo with an nw2.

B

Beingbaldsucksass

There is another poster with your name, minus the a$$ part... he's not bald either and I bet your 23 yo with an nw2.

its me beingbaldsucks,i opened a new account because of this upgrade that asked me to reset my pass and i forgot the email, сant believe you dident figured it out

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
It all makes sense now...

Hair.worth.it

Reaction score

LastSamurai

Established Member
Reaction score
For me, my anxiety and depression about my hairloss seems to be somewhat cyclical. When I first started receeding, I didn't immiedattely get scared because it took me a while to actually realise what was happening. The first two years were painful. Then I started to accept what was happening to me, that yes, I was going bald, and I was sort of cool with that. Why fight it? I first started receeding age 17 1/2 and I am now 23 1/2. I am grateful that I am still Norwood 2-3 territory. The recession has been slow.

However some days it does hit me. You sort of obejectively know you arent quite as attractive as you used to be. Or at least your perception begins to change. You don't feel like that uber sexy guy anymore. Sure, I still have what it takes to go up to a girl and talk to her. Sure, I still have a level of confidence and self respect, but I never feel like I will be able to get to that peak confidence level again. I go into an encounter now not quite as confident as I used to be. Sub-conciously if as if I speak to people like 'ok, I need to be careful what I say here, I mean I have a receeding hairline so I can't be too cocky, they won't let me get away with it.' So your sub concious mind definitely changes.

In some respects I sometimes think: why not just shave of now and get to the 'worst' possible stage. That way that slow pain is no longer going to agonise you. Shave now and get used to it type thing. I think once I start noticably thinning on top I will definitely take the plunge by that point. I think having a receeding hairline can be worse for your confidence because you also worry about how you will look in 6 months, 1 year, 2 years..You wonder how long you can 'pull off' your hairstyle as it is. And this eats away at me a bit. What happens if I meet a girl now? What does she think about my hair? Will she still like me if I start to lose more? I think once you shave it all off/buzz down then its like, ok, this is me now. It can't get any worse.

It is a ****er that just that hair on our head makes all the difference in attraction though. Thats what hurts a lot. Wondering how you would be now if it wasn't for your hair. Would my mood be better generally? Would I feel happier. Its likely. Hairloss doesn't depress me completely. But lets say you were a 9/10 happy before your hair. Its going to knock a few notches of your general mood/happiness/self esteem.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score

Neith

Reaction score
I started losing my hair at 22. It happened very slowly. I didn't even notice the first couple of years.
Now I'm 27.5 and almost a Norwood 3. I have no temples left and my hairline is really thin and fragile. It feels like torn-up straw.
I thought I'd be legit bald by now, though.

Last edited: