Give me one reason I shouldn't just do this haircut

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Friends tell you what you want to hear so they don't hurt you. Also from experience friends are usually not very supportive of people changing their appereance. Its like they are used to you and for them its fine and love you as you are, not necessarily because it looks good. It's like saying being fat looks good on someone. Its almost never the case.

Nonetheless, I admire your attitude and security about it and that's probably the biggest factor of why it looks right on you for other people. Wp!

DyingOfTheLight

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Friends tell you what you want to hear so they don't hurt you. It's like saying being fat looks good on someone. Its almost never the case.

Nonetheless, I admire your attitude and security about it and that's probably the biggest factor of why it looks right on you for other people. Wp!

Real friends check your ego and self-delusion though. Not to the point of ragging on you without reason of course, but if you're being an a**h** or otherwise deluded about something, you need people around you to be real with you

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah but about looks... I don't really give a sh*t if my long-time friends are uglier or not and most of them wouldn't about me either. People like to live in their comfortable bubble without anyone challenging their stablished ideas.

For example, after many years of neglecting my looks I started hardcore gym, tattooed my whole body, hopped on hairloss journey, and made a big positive change in my image and while I was doing it I could smell the skepticism in the air from my friends. "You already look fine" yada yada. Its like challenging the Status quo. Now that I look much better and im doing well, everyone compliments my new image and prefers my new version, but initially they didn't feel like it was necessary for me to change.

Idk, bottom line is never trust your close circles opinion for deciding your self image imo

Last edited:

ohg1023

Established Member
Reaction score
Friends tell you what you want to hear so they don't hurt you. Also from experience friends are usually not very supportive of people changing their appereance. Its like they are used to you and for them its fine and love you as you are, not necessarily because it looks good. It's like saying being fat looks good on someone. Its almost never the case.

I don't know, I've told friends when it was shaved that I was going to grow it out to an inch and they thought it was a good idea. And they've called me out when my beard was too long and pube-y looking.
I get what you are saying though. Maybe my friends and acquaintances are a special case, but I think I'm one of the guys that can pull off the Captain Picard.

Hairful

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
None taken. This forum definitely had a bit of a hive mind of what people think of baldness. I'm sure strangers who pass me think it looks bad/dorky, but my friends and acquaintances (25 to 35 years old) say I'm a good looking dude. I've asked some if they think I should shave my head (and they've seen me with a shaven head) and they said it looks good grown out.

You would look much better with hair though. But happy that you’re happy in your skin, past the initial impression stage, it’s how you behave is what matters.

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is that you or a haircut that resembles yours? Id have to get some SMP or tattoo the top of my head like travis barker
yeah face / head tats is crossing the line for me but I seen a lot of balding guys with hairline/face/head tattoos and it is such a good trick to not look like a balding dad. But ofc you will instantly fall into bad boy tattooed head guy niche... if thats your thing.

ohg1023

Established Member
Reaction score
Is that you or a haircut that resembles yours? Id have to get some SMP or tattoo the top of my head like travis barker
It's me. I've seen way too much bad SMP to risk getting it. I'd rather have a Norwood 6/7 and look natural than to have my hairline painted on.

ohg1023

Established Member
Reaction score
How do you look with
-shaved head, shaved face
-haired head, shaved face
-shaved head, haired face
I am curious
- I always have some facial hair. And shaved head and face just looks too blank on me.
- I wish I could remember what I looked like with hair. I've been losing it since at least 15 and have had this hairline since 19/20/21.
-Shaved head with beard is another go-to for me but it gets to be a pain shaving my head everyday.

If i still had hair, I'd honestly probably have a short buzz cut and the beard i have going on in the picture.

DyingOfTheLight

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
- I always have some facial hair. And shaved head and face just looks too blank on me.
- I wish I could remember what I looked like with hair. I've been losing it since at least 15 and have had this hairline since 19/20/21.
-Shaved head with beard is another go-to for me but it gets to be a pain shaving my head everyday.

If i still had hair, I'd honestly probably have a short buzz cut and the beard i have going on in the picture.

You look like an academic engineer tbh. This one guy I know who's doing a PhD in engineering physics rocks a similar grown out horseshoe. A bit of meme maybe, but horrible haircuts ( including long thinned out locks and visible horseshoes) are a staple amongst STEM academics

I envy him ( and you ) though. I don't know your situation, but I'm pretty sure that guy isn't bothered by it in the slightest. Just lives for his passion. That wouldn't work for me since I'm too vain, being bald would be a torturous existence