Ghostbond XL Vs Platinum - Pro Labs has so many white glues, it's hard to believe they're different. Are they?

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been using Ghostbond XL as I found a reliable supplier on Amazon.

But I'm wondering if Platinum would be better. It sounds better, but I can't imagine it being that different. Are Whitebonds genuinely different from one another?

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been using Ghostbond XL as I found a reliable supplier on Amazon.

But I'm wondering if Platinum would be better. It sounds better, but I can't imagine it being that different. Are Whitebonds genuinely different from one another?
Supreme has a purple a hue to it which is meant to to inhibit reflection of light through lace.

I'm willing to bet HD is the largest buyer From Walker, pro hair labs, and any other quality hair system related manufacturers.

I still say hairdirect is the safest place to buy adhesives. There are way too many counterfeits flooding Amazon and Ebay, to risk it, over a couple of dollars.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, for example, supreme has a purple a hue to it which is meant to to inhibit reflection of light through lace.S
So if I pump some out the bottle, I'll see a glue unlike XL in appearance, something more purple?

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
So if I pump some out the bottle, I'll see a glue unlike XL in appearance, something more purple?
With Supreme,Yes... a faint purple hue.

It's my understanding that platinum is regarded, by most, as their best version.

Also, keep in mind hair direct has free shipping when you spend $50. And even better, they have a 30 day free return policy, if you don't like it. Try every version of ghost bond, on their dime....

Last edited:

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Supreme is weak. Lifted in days.

Do people really produce fake imitations of the popular glues, like Ghostbond glues? Is there really a market for such scam stuff that it's worth working to produce such things?

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Supreme is weak. Lifted in days.

Do people really produce fake imitations of the popular glues, like Ghostbond glues? Is there really a market for such scam stuff that it's worth working to produce such things?
You should know better....Nothing is the same outcome for everyone... The worst for you, may be the best for someone else. That's why they have so many variants.

Try them all, find out what works for you.

Absolutely, tons of counterfeit... probably 100x more fakes than genuine. 10 cent glue... Sold for $20+

They make more at $20 than PHL at $40

Higher margin than heroin...

Pro hair labs has discussed fakes...on youtube...They found pesticides In them too..

All of the risk, why? To save $15- $30 every 3-6 months....

Last edited:

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sounds the Platinum is just a amped up version of XL. Damn, I just bought a fresh XL. Used since.

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
Supreme has a purple a hue to it which is meant to to inhibit reflection of light through lace.

I'm willing to bet HD is the largest buyer From Walker, pro hair labs, and any other quality hair system related manufacturers.

I still say hairdirect is the safest place to buy adhesives. There are way too many counterfeits flooding Amazon and Ebay, to risk it, over a couple of dollars.
It's so hard (maybe impossible) to tell. There are plenty of stories about fake brands being sold at retail outlets. I guess it feels better buying from reputable stores but you just never really know.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's so hard (maybe impossible) to tell. There are plenty of stories about fake brands being sold at retail outlets. I guess it feels better buying from reputable stores but you just never really know.
You would never receive a counterfeit from hair direct. As I said they are the biggest supplier is of hair system products in the world. That would be like getting counterfeit, beef from McDonald's.

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
You would never receive a counterfeit from hair direct. As I said they are the biggest supplier is of hair system products in the world. That would be like getting counterfeit, beef from McDonald's.
I think it's impossible to say. But i would say its definitely less likely them selling fakes than ebay/amazon etc...

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it's impossible to say. But i would say its definitely less likely them selling fakes than ebay/amazon etc...
Pretty impossible..... They are the largest purchaser from pro hair labs ,and have an annual revenue of $6.5M.... I haven't heard great things about their systems.....I suspect with their prices being significantly higher....the expectation is higher too.

But as a hair system company, they're about as big as it gets.

For me, supplies only, from them. Systems, I stick to LaVivid and NWL

Last edited:

smoka123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
From PHL I tried
Platinum (Extreme Redness, Itching)
For Women Only (Should be very soft to your skin, it isn´t...)
Phantom (Good glue, some redness and itching).

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
From PHL I tried
Platinum (Extreme Redness, Itching)
For Women Only (Should be very soft to your skin, it isn´t...)
Phantom (Good glue, some redness and itching).
That SUCKS! XL works well for me. Tape's better but it works and doesn't cause me to break out.

Aren't you the guy who uses silicone glues?

smoka123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes. Silicone bond without redness / itching at all. Problem is that is is much harder to work with.
Should I give the "original" Ghostbond (XL) a try or is it not worth it because of redness etc ?!

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sounds like they don't work for you. There is Ghostbond and there is Ghostbond XL. The former is the original. Anyway, good luck.

Isn't silicone incredibly hard to clean?