Getting a system with scalp folliculitis?

jstanothausah

My Regimen
Reaction score
Am I out of the running if I have scalp folliculitis? It's really only on my sides, so if I shave I'll have to deal with it for the rest of my life. But I am worried that putting adhesives etc. and a system on top of my scalp might make my issue worse. I am new to systems and haven't read of any crazy side effects when I google this, but maybe because I am just crazy enough to do it. Should I back out while I'm ahead or am I overthinking?

jimlad

Established Member
Reaction score
How bad is it? I imagine it's something that you'll have to just try out and see. I'd urge caution though - I don't have any pre-existing conditions but there is sometimes a bit of redness when I remove the system, and I've noticed on the back of my head I sometimes have a couple of pimples (only have them since I got the system, so clearly linked).

Try to gain as much knowledge as you can before taking the plunge. Consider things like bond, base type etc. And I guess just be willing to try it and see.

Jbalding

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Am I out of the running if I have scalp folliculitis? It's really only on my sides, so if I shave I'll have to deal with it for the rest of my life. But I am worried that putting adhesives etc. and a system on top of my scalp might make my issue worse. I am new to systems and haven't read of any crazy side effects when I google this, but maybe because I am just crazy enough to do it. Should I back out while I'm ahead or am I overthinking?
Overthinking is normal. You havent done it before and won’t be convinced until its cut in and on your head. That being said, none of us can gauge how bad your condition is so you’re the one to make that call. Just try it out, worst case scenario you just take it off right? None of us would be wearing if it had bad side effects or looked anything less than great.

jstanothausah

My Regimen
Reaction score
Overthinking is normal. You havent done it before and won’t be convinced until its cut in and on your head. That being said, none of us can gauge how bad your condition is so you’re the one to make that call. Just try it out, worst case scenario you just take it off right? None of us would be wearing if it had bad side effects or looked anything less than great.
Thanks for the reply, much appreciated! I'm just curious.. does it itch on your head? Or does it feel like nothing's really there? I guess thats what really scares me the most, is knowing if I break out there's this layer there I can't get under until I see my stylist again.

jstanothausah

My Regimen
Reaction score
How bad is it? I imagine it's something that you'll have to just try out and see. I'd urge caution though - I don't have any pre-existing conditions but there is sometimes a bit of redness when I remove the system, and I've noticed on the back of my head I sometimes have a couple of pimples (only have them since I got the system, so clearly linked).

Try to gain as much knowledge as you can before taking the plunge. Consider things like bond, base type etc. And I guess just be willing to try it and see.
Thanks for the reply! I have a stylist doing it who's business specializes in this stuff so its good. I kind of just have to show up and go for the ride. Do you wash your hair? And if so, does it feel like you actually get to wash the grime on the scalp?