Getting a FUE transplant… how many grafts do I need? Pics attached

smrk91

My Regimen
Reaction score
Basically what the title says… I’m in the UK and would rather not fly out to Turkey if I can avoid it.

Had 2 quotes.. a company in Turkey who a friend used and had great results have quoted me for 4000 grafts.

Just had a quote from a UK company. They have said I need 2600 grafts but will give me 3000.

Both of these options are basically the same price - but with the UK based surgery I have 25 year guarantee and aftercare.

Do I need the extra grafts or will 3000 be enough…? I want my full head of hair back! Ha.

Grateful for any input. Many thanks :)

Attachments

• E0468A26-60FF-4C47-BD11-CB54A6EB584C.jpeg
    E0468A26-60FF-4C47-BD11-CB54A6EB584C.jpeg
    63.2 KB · Views: 61

MrClean1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you actually seen a Dr. yet or are they going by pictures? When I went to Dr. Basanga(one of the best in the world) about 5 years ago I was told my donor area was too thin for fue. My hair on the sides and back looks thick but he said if he did the procedure it would look very thin in those areas.

So my point is you may not even be a candidate. I would be shopping for a Dr. not a guarantee which you can wipe your a$$ with and if he/she messes it up and you are scared for life. No one i know in the UK is any good. What is their name? How old are you?

Are you on any meds?

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you actually seen a Dr. yet or are they going by pictures? When I went to Dr. Basanga(one of the best in the world) about 5 years ago I was told my donor area was too thin for fue. My hair on the sides and back looks thick but he said if he did the procedure it would look very thin in those areas.

So my point is you may not even be a candidate. I would be shopping for a Dr. not a guarantee which you can wipe your a$$ with and if he/she messes it up and you are scared for life. No one i know in the UK is any good. What is their name? How old are you?

Are you on any meds?
How thin exactly would it look? It would have to be very, very extreme to make me give up a transplant.

MrClean1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How thin exactly would it look? It would have to be very, very extreme to make me give up a transplant.
When Basanga said it wouldn't look good that was enough for me. I could of Dr. shopped and found someone who would do it.
Have you had a transplant?

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
When Basanga said it wouldn't look good that was enough for me. I could of Dr. shopped and found someone who would do it.
Have you had a transplant?
Yes, I have had a bunch of transplants. And there are some marks on my donor area, but nothing too serious. The average person couldn't tell. The marks actually blend in and look kind of cool with a fade haircut. I'm planning on getting another transplant this year.

MrClean1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, I have had a bunch of transplants. And there are some marks on my donor area, but nothing too serious. The average person couldn't tell. The marks actually blend in and look kind of cool with a fade haircut. I'm planning on getting another transplant this year.
You must have a great donor area...wish i had that.